Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Zealand 1st overnight trip

Hi kiwicali

Would love to know who you used also
I have the adapter and 3 m hose too, but an inspector wasn’t happy with the grey tank vent being the outlet as well
I was bit annoyed especially when you see these old people mover rubbish fake campers with the self contained sticker.... how on earth did they get them yet The Cali isn’t good enough.... ridiculous
I used Vanco - http://vanco.nz/. for my self cert - they are based in clevedon. Happy for you to come and look at mine if you want to see what it looks like? I posted some photos on an earlier post.

982E0812-B458-46D5-917C-72DA3141D3AA.jpeg

I take as many pictures of my van as I do if my dog these days

62447302-E3E3-4A21-B082-A24F19758C43.jpeg EE1235D7-9227-448B-BF7C-6836A8EEA18A.jpeg
Everyone has different ideas about what is and is not acceptable. Brandrup makes a tray that fits in the cupboard to retain the cube, presumably they sell 100s at the usual fabulous price they charge for their kit. Some people actually take up to four dogs with them in the van, whilst they are obviously great company their lavatorial habits are not exactly up to Debretts standards, but acceptable to many regardless.
I have memories of a toilet tent being blown horizontal at the Highlands meet in the spring by a freezing easterly force 6, wild horses would not have dragged my wife into such a place, again whatever floats your boat.

I have mine hidden in a foot stool which keeps it out of sight during the day and stable during the journeys and its ideal for putting your feet on when having a vino!

Right - think I have invited myself to join!

In the Cali at Mount Maunganui
Having tow bar fitted at Farmer auto village vw tomorrow so we can use our bike rack or tow the tinny
VW California NZ should come up as closed group on Facebook , only 4 of us so far![/QUOTE

Accepted!
Hi all New Zealand owners of VW California
Just heads up the shop on this site now delivers to NZ and we have now a sun screen privacy blind for front of awning and side panel
Awesome

NZ Cali owners go to: VW California NZ on Facebook , a closed group you can join
Simon

Got the call from Giltraps that our Cali should be ready this weekend. Just in time for Xmas!

Hi Shane - just testing a theory here ... You will notice that Debra and I both seem to come from Japan (have their flag on our picture) - which Cali Admin says is because our service provider is routing via Japan (figure that out). I am with Spark, I assume you are not? Anyway I am trying to get Admin to over ride this ... as my Cali has no wish to be in Japan, it wants to explore NZ, Debra - Can't imagine Clint is happy either!
Check out VW California NZ group on facebook

Hi. I have just arrived back in NZ after 45 years in the UK. MY VW California 2010 Model is still on the high seas. 2 questions- can I join the NZ Cali facebook group please- what do I need to do, not a great facebook person generally.
I am going to have to do something about my grey water outlet soon after it arrived in October for the self Containment regs. Are Vanco the best people to do it. Do I get it done and then go for the certification to how does it work? Where did you purchase the container for the portal/footstool?
Really excited about exploring my homeland in the Cali. Any other advice anybody can give me greatly received. Hope to meet up with some of you soon. Jennie

Another question. What type of fittings do I need for the gas bottle, what sort of gas bottle and where do I get them please?

Hi. I have just arrived back in NZ after 45 years in the UK. MY VW California 2010 Model is still on the high seas. 2 questions- can I join the NZ Cali facebook group please- what do I need to do, not a great facebook person generally.
I am going to have to do something about my grey water outlet soon after it arrived in October for the self Containment regs. Are Vanco the best people to do it. Do I get it done and then go for the certification to how does it work? Where did you purchase the container for the portal/footstool?
Really excited about exploring my homeland in the Cali. Any other advice anybody can give me greatly received. Hope to meet up with some of you soon. Jennie
Hi Jennie

Welcome home. I used vanco for my conversion. Some of the others had theirs done by their dealer and others have done their own and got certification after. It cost about $700 with vanco but they did all of the paperwork etc.

I got my porta loo footstool cover from Amazon. It was about $20usd.

Where will you be living in NZ upon your return?

Debs

Hi Debs,
Thanks for your speedy answers. Very helpful. I shall be living on Waiheke island but have family in Wynyard quarter in Auckland and in Takapuna who I will also be staying with/visiting. Now just waiting for my Cali to get through Suez Canal and on. Was late leaving as the ship got caught up in Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas- not when my van was on it thankfully.
Another ?_ in UK the Cali is classified as a campervan as opposed to a Motorhome which means certain things are cheaper than a motorhome. Am I correct in thinking here the only category is ‘motorhome’? Is it worth joining the NZMCA? Can you recommend a company for the van insurance— informally of course. Thanks. Jennie

Hi Debs,
Thanks for your speedy answers. Very helpful. I shall be living on Waiheke island but have family in Wynyard quarter in Auckland and in Takapuna who I will also be staying with/visiting. Now just waiting for my Cali to get through Suez Canal and on. Was late leaving as the ship got caught up in Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas- not when my van was on it thankfully.
Another ?_ in UK the Cali is classified as a campervan as opposed to a Motorhome which means certain things are cheaper than a motorhome. Am I correct in thinking here the only category is ‘motorhome’? Is it worth joining the NZMCA? Can you recommend a company for the van insurance— informally of course. Thanks. Jennie
Hi

I am not sure on the classification bit. I added the Cali to my insurance for the house and other car with ANZ bank and I got a discount for an additional policy.

The NZ Cali Facebook page link is above and there was a thread about insurance on that. Some got theirs via the NZMCA preferred insurer.

I joined NZMCA and the catalogue they give you is useful for finding campsites and detailing their facilities. There are discounts too for sites via them.

A few of us are meeting up in November with our vans so if yours has arrived by then feel free to register interest! Again the info is on the NZ Facebook page.

I live in St Heliers in auckland. A few of us live in Auckland in the Facebook club too ☺️

I tend to go off with my dog a couple of weekends per month and day trips to Orewa for his walks on the beach