Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie looking for a used Cali (Berks)

N

nic765

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,

Complete newbie here; 've been (and slept) in a T4 Cali a couple of times. Never owned a car, I've been working in several countries (spain, US, UK) without the need for it.
Company just relocated west of London (Slough..) and I need a Van to get out of there; aim would be sailing in the South (Weymouth) for as long as I can and then cyclocross biking (somewhere). So 2-3 days a week.
Hoping to spend something around 30-35k so I guess my options are 2008ish T5. Also looking for an automatic.
Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

Thanks,
Nico

Welcome on board , take a look in the for sale section of the forum on here we are only selling using an add.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
With up to 35k you should be looking for a facelift model (2010 on) which has the dsg gearbox rather than the tiptronic, and is I think 1 class better in emissions, which will be important around London.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Personally I’d avoid any 180bhp California’s from 2010-2012. There’s enough to choose without risking potential engine trouble with these.

With 30-35k I’d definitely be looking for a facelift (2010 onwards)

You’re buying at the right time, so as long as you’re patient you’ll find one.

Hello,

Complete newbie here; 've been (and slept) in a T4 Cali a couple of times. Never owned a car, I've been working in several countries (spain, US, UK) without the need for it.
Company just relocated west of London (Slough..) and I need a Van to get out of there; aim would be sailing in the South (Weymouth) for as long as I can and then cyclocross biking (somewhere). So 2-3 days a week.
Hoping to spend something around 30-35k so I guess my options are 2008ish T5. Also looking for an automatic.
Any thoughts/comments/recommendations?

Thanks,
Nico

Nico.
I bought ours from this forum 2 yrs ago October. Had a great deal on the van and it had been very well looked after with low low mileage. Worth waiting and looking - you will get a great van in that price range.
Aztec

Personally I’d avoid any 180bhp California’s from 2010-2012. There’s enough to choose without risking potential engine trouble with these.

With 30-35k I’d definitely be looking for a facelift (2010 onwards)

You’re buying at the right time, so as long as you’re patient you’ll find one.
Hello - thanks for the tip about 180bhp units. Is this a generic issue in your view, or confined to the 2 years you mentioned?

Back