Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie Questions...

AndyPandy

AndyPandy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
hi folks,

First trip out in our new Cali and we need your help.

Firstly, the 12v socket above the passenger seat only works when ignition is on? Baffling as it won’t be on when we venture to up top bed?

Secondly, “safelock “ appears on the drivers panel intermittently, no idea what that means, any ideas?

Finally, is it possible to leave radio on with ignition key out? It seems to go off after 20 mins or so.

All help appreciated and I’m sure these answers may be found in our manual, at home lol

Cheers folks

Andy

hi folks,

First trip out in our new Cali and we need your help.

Firstly, the 12v socket above the passenger seat only works when ignition is on? Baffling as it won’t be on when we venture to up top bed?

Secondly, “safelock “ appears on the drivers panel intermittently, no idea what that means, any ideas?

Finally, is it possible to leave radio on with ignition key out? It seems to go off after 20 mins or so.

All help appreciated and I’m sure these answers may be found in our manual, at home lol

Cheers folks

Andy
1. Radio will switch Off after 20 minutes or so. This is to stop the engine battery getting flattened . Also, switch Off the cab lights for same reason.
2. Safelock - Read handbook for full explanation but basically Safelock Deadlocks the vehicle so anyone inside will NOT be able to open the doors. When camping disable this feature by Opening Drivers Door, Press the illuminated switch on the base of the B Pillar. It will turn Red and Disable the Deadlock feature and Internal Sensors. Required if roof is up as drafts can trigger the sensor. Close Drivers door and use remote to lock the vehicle when leaving it. At night use the Locking Button on the Drivers Door. This will have the same effect. You will have to pull x2 on the sliding door handle to open it from inside.
3. As I don't have a T6 I'm not sure which 12v socket you are referring to as " above passenger seat ". Some 12v sockets are reported as being miswired to engine battery rather than Leisure Battery.

Points 1 & 2 are all covered in the Handbook , but can be a little confusing at first. Something lost in translation.

Last edited:
Back