Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

S

Simon Ockenden

Sock
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello, I am just in the process of purchasing my new Cali just wanted to ask whether there were any specific items I should ask my buyer prior to purchase other than some of the usual questions. We are looking forward to spending some time in our new van along with some great new adventures with the summer coming up. Hello to call from the Ockenden family.

Welcome Simon.

As you're a VIP member, just go to the Downloads section and you'll find some checklists that you can use.

I assuming you're experienced with buying used vehicles generally, ie service history, mechanicals and general stuff. The main things to focus on with the Cali will be the roof (canvas intact, roof corrosion issue - use forum search for this, a lot of vehicles are affected but it shouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker for you) and check all the auxiliary electrics, heater, fridge etc are properly working. That is, actually crawl all over them and make sure you've seen them working. They are expensive to fix if out of warranty.

Use the forum search for any specifics but don't be afraid to ping a quick query here too if you're unsure. You'll get lots of great advice if you need it.

[EDIT] Incidentally if you're buying from a VW dealer, tell them you're planning to check out any apparent issues with the 'team' on this forum. At that point you'll see the glint of fear in their eyes and they'll sing like a canary! :D

Welcome ,
as above , check out the downloads and find your way on the forum , there's not much that's has not been discussed on here!