Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Night Heater Exhaust position

Jeeves

Jeeves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Morning- I had an eberspacher Night heater retro fitted to my Beach last year.
Unfortunately the exhaust pipe is fitted just under the sliding door which means that should I use a driveway awning, the exhaust fumes emit straight into the awning.
The heater is fitted under the drivers seat so it is obvious why they have installed it here as it is the closest exit point.
Does anyone a VW factory fit Night Heater and can they let me know where the exhaust is fitted-A pic would be great-Im going back to the fitters to see if they can resolve

If you stick your head under the Cali while your heater is running you also easy find where it is ....simple as that .
I think he knows where it is.
He has had a heater retro-fitted and would like to see a pic
of a factory fitted one.

My heater exhaust also blows out towards the sliding door too, I'm
not sure if it can be redirected.
I ain´t got a pic of it at the mo.

you can buy a 'side skirt' wind blocker thing designed to stop wind blowing under the van into the awning. that would solve it.

I'm pretty sure a aftermarket fitted or original fitted as thesame place and exhaustexit as there is only one place on the chassis to fit it...
The problem with the fumes is there for everyone .

Thanks for the replies-my post might not have been clear enough-I know where the exhaust pipe is ( pic of it below-you can just see sticking out under the sliding door near the drivers door), I just wanted to know where a factory fit pipe is located.
Im probably going to have a go at moving it along about 6 inches so it sticks out under the drivers door rather than the sliding door-Thanks again for replies.
IMG_0922.JPG

The exhaust exit should be towards the centre of the vehicle, pointing roughly at the engine exhaust pipe between the cat' and the front silencer.

There is no reason for an aftermarket fitment to be different to an original factory one.

If you are thinking of extending the exhaust max length from the heater is 2m. Make sure it's not touching anything as it gets very hot.

Attachments

• Eberspacher.pdf
    453.2 KB · Views: 22
Im going back to the fitters to see if they can resolve

Perhaps your fitters are fitting them to vans here in the UK with the sliding door on the other side - seems a pain they did not spot it would be an issue.

If you have a look at Wem's pictures the aux heater exhaust on the SE/Ocean is routed back towards the centre under the van. In the pictures it is terminating just by the engine exhaust pipe slightly to the o/s, as this is a 4Motion van so has a drive shaft down the middle.

Alan

If you have a look at Wem's pictures the aux heater exhaust on the SE/Ocean is routed back towards the centre under the van. In the pictures it is terminating just by the engine exhaust pipe slightly to the o/s, as this is a 4Motion van so has a drive shaft down the middle.

Alan
Yes, that's what stopped me extending the exhaust to the other side on ours. Just hope the winds blowing in right direction now

Fit one of these. Ebay

s-l400.jpg

Morning- I had an eberspacher Night heater retro fitted to my Beach last year.
Unfortunately the exhaust pipe is fitted just under the sliding door which means that should I use a driveway awning, the exhaust fumes emit straight into the awning.
The heater is fitted under the drivers seat so it is obvious why they have installed it here as it is the closest exit point.
Does anyone a VW factory fit Night Heater and can they let me know where the exhaust is fitted-A pic would be great-Im going back to the fitters to see if they can resolve
You’ll find lots of posts already in the forums on this. You can do a search, Jeeves.