Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nighttime ventilation without AC option

thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
Hi

could anyone with a GC standard gas/electric heating set up advise if the heating system also offers ventilation (cool air fans) whilst parked up. I take it that the normal AC through the front vents won’t run unless the ignition is on?
Without the AC option fitted to the rear roof light does the van provide any air circulation other than just opening the windows?

thanks Adam

The Truma control panel does have a ventilate mode. It's only accessible on the Truma panel, not on the main panel attached to the outside of the wet room.

The Truma control panel does have a ventilate mode. It's only accessible on the Truma panel, not on the main panel attached to the outside of the wet room.
We are moving from a California to a GC and with the cali we found that we need to run the parking heater on ventilate in the summer or the van gets very stuffy. Do you find that the GC needs to be ventilated at night or with it being bigger does it get less stuffy at night?

We have had our grand Cali 600 since December and been away a few times now - we don’t have the AC option and so we have the large skylight at the back instead (as well as the one at the front). So far the hottest weather we’ve had was in Sussex a couple of weeks back (about 26 degrees in the day), and so far never found the van to be stuffy at all during the day or the night. Obviously a bigger test will be going somewhere hotter - but no chance of that this year. However based on experience to date we are not expecting it to get any hotter or stuffier than our old Cali (which was very good) and we are very happy we didn’t choose the AC option (the air flow we get from opening the skylights is great - as is the view from the bed on a starry night).

If you get a chance could you show us how to turn it on? I couldn’t work it out.

@ShmBK we rented our last motorhome (not VW but same unit they use) out so I did video of the Truma unit link below if you skip to end you will see the ventilation part link to video below

Back