Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No facilities at Roundhill, New Forest

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We went to one of our favourite sites at half term and were a little caught out. We like the Camping in the Forest sites and Roundhill is our favourite for bike rides. As we checked in I asked “and are all the toilet blocks open?” and was met by a blank stare, a pause and “All the toilet blocks have gone, there aren’t any. Sorry about that. Err it’s on the website“.
As we had been there half a dozen times before I hadn’t actually checked the facilities. He was correct, it is on the website but hardly obvious.
1F3571E1-4CAD-4982-9A1E-A47612CAFF06.png
Fortunately, to say the least, I had brought our COVID emergency Portapotti. It wasn’t exactly the holiday we were expecting though. There were quite a few tent campers dotted about who didn’t appear to have any loos with them. One lady complained that a big group of four families were next to her and were just using the bushes next to her van.
We have great memories of Roundhill but we aren’t now sure we would go back. Just washing up in a bucket of cold water was a pain, let alone not showering for 5 days.

Camping In The Forest phoned me earlier in the year regarding my booking and specifically pointed out the facilities would not be available this year. They also couldn't be arsed to open just the toilets in Hollands Wood over the first bank holiday weekend, despite them being available after April 12th! Hollands Wood were also very arrogant and rude to my Wife when she arrived in a separate car!

Actually, I now remember they sent me an email 4 days before with a video encouraging us to socially distance in the toilets and queue outside.
It’s a great campsite. We had great weather and some lovely family bike rides. Well, I enjoyed them.