Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No power on hook up

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Connected the cable. Socket inside has no power and I suppose charging is not going as well.
What could be causing it?
I suppose there are no special tricks with connecting hook up cable?

Have you switched on the RCD breaker? I'm not sure where it is on a beach. In the Ocean it is I the cupboard at the rear left. Try just inside the van near where the hook-up is on the outside.

Yea thats the thing I was asking in other topic about.
That switch place is described in a manual as behind the left front seat under the side wall.
And how am I supposed to get there? Should I remove that side panel where the power socket is each time I want to turn it on/off?
Any Beach owners here?

Thank's but not sure. Gonna try find it there in the dark ;)

The RCD on the Beach is in the same compartment where the Jack is kept.

Raise tailgate.
Compartment is on the left hand side, underneath the shelf, behind the rearmost leg.
Take off the panel.
The jack can now be seen, the RCD is mounted at the rear of the compartment-facing forwards, it's out of sight. Put your right in and point towards the rear lights and you will feel the switch but not be able to see it.

Hope this helps.

Fraeking WV. Really had to do some serious Yoga and still can't see it but found a switch with a hand. Thats some nonsense German engineering placement. No way I am going to turn it off ever again :)
Manual doesn't say it is very important to turn it off each time. It just lists actions how to hook up the vehicle and turn off. No warnings.
Probably a common thing for them to avoid responsibility...

Funny thing that for turning off, they suggest to stick your hand into that black box while you are hooked up! with lots of live non-isolated wires there.:D

Funny thing that for turning off, they suggest to stick your hand into that black box while you are hooked up! with lots of live non-isolated wires there.:D
Makes life exciting for you wild camping Beach Owners.;)

I very much doubt you can access anything live.

You can leave it on in normal use but remember to use the trip/test button quarterly to ensure it works and doesn't stick.

Like I can even find that damn button. Can see nothing there.

When on hook up if I leave a fridge in 12v socket, does it still go from a battery while charging the battery? Or it switches to 12v from hook up leaving battery for clean charging?