Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noise after water pump and cam belt replacement

D

DH0702

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all - I had the cam belt and water pump replaced (due to age rather than mileage, the Cali has only done 17,000 but is a 2012). Since I got it back from the main dealer it sounds a bit noisier. I can't put my finger on it, it's a bit like the exhaust is blowing but it isn't. It's a bit of an airy sound. Any ideas? Any common faults after cam belt change? It was VW main dealer so I will be taking it back but was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? Thanks, DH

When we had our done “ not by a main dealer” it was as quiet as before. Yes I would suggest taking it back ASAP if you have any doubts. Did you keep all the old parts to check for wear? The parts they took off were perfect with no wear whatsoever.

When we had our done “ not by a main dealer” it was as quiet as before. Yes I would suggest taking it back ASAP if you have any doubts. Did you keep all the old parts to check for wear? The parts they took off were perfect with no wear whatsoever.
Cheers Ozzy. It's going back next week. I'll post on here if they find anything in case it helps anyone else. DH

Reactions: Sad
Had cam belt ect done last year and now getting squealing, thought is was just cold weather so just been back to dealers they have booked in the check tensioners as they said had a few in that has failed or had a problem with belts, just wondering if this is common, not too worried as parts covered by 2 year warrantee.

Back