Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North/North West Campsites near mainline stations into London

B

Barry Chuckle

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi I'm after some guidance, I'm off to London later in the year and I've got to get close to the centre.

I appreciate the where to stay in London question has been asked a few times on this forum. And I'm aware of the the very few campsites around London, Crystal Palace, Lee Valley, Theobolds, Wyatts etc. But I'm looking for something a little further out either north or northwest of London to stay in the campervan as I'll be traveling from the Northwest. Ideally I'd like something very close to a mainline station where I can be in central London in under 40 mins so probably within a 50 or so mile radius.
I've stayed in some of the area's on the outskirts of London near the end of the Tube lines like Wyatts Covert & Theobolds Park and ironically it's quicker to get into Central London from places like Milton Keynes than the aforementioned by the time you've got to a tube station and made the journey in. Also further out places tend to have a nicer rural feel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is close to a station into Kings Cross. Stayed there many years ago, not the cheapest but has grown seemingly for a reason. Nice walks around the lakes

Henlow Bridge Lakes

This is close to a station into Kings Cross. Stayed there many years ago, not the cheapest but has grown seemingly for a reason. Nice walks around the lakes

Henlow Bridge Lakes
Many thanks for this, have looked at this site and may consider staying there. It's right by a station but now the quickest think it took just shy of an hour to get into London when I last checked.

Just to throw in a curve ball.
Cambridge has two central campsites with a fast direct line to Kings Cross, just over an hour.