Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not a day for the Cali, Hurricane Ophelia is on its way

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Today is a day to keep the Cali at home.!!!
hurricaneopheliamap_large.jpg
Sitting here waiting for Hurricane Ophelia to arrive. We are right in its path.

Cheers, have everything tied down, so hopefully it will pass without too much damage.

Just seen the news and looks as though you are taking a real battering. Hope all those in Ophelia's path and their Calis are safe and unscathed.

Cheers, I saw a hire Cali in town today, hopefully they have the sens to keep away from the coast.

Just had two red robin bushes uprooted and had to do running shed roof repairs. Tied things close to the Cali down. Winds gusting around 70 mph according to the forecast all schools closed early. Only a few miles from the Pembrokeshire coast but not tempted to go and look at the sea..

Very strange orangey/brown sky here this morning (apparently caused by Saharan dust?) in Yorkshire Dales that somehow made anything green somehow more vivid (like wearing ski goggles).

Keep safe everyone!

I'm sitting in Belfast.... Getting pretty crazy here now also..... Cali is tucked-up in the underground car-park, just need to watch it doesn't flood as I'm on the edge of the Victoria Channel.... I'm sitting in my 7th floor flat, watching the boats moored in front of me.... There's a Guy who lives on His small craft.... I just seen Him buying a bottle of Gin in the local shop.

Here's a link to a nice live info-graphic......

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curre...ographic=-12.76,49.94,2192/loc=-15.066,55.677

IMG_2666.JPG

Very strange orangey/brown sky here this morning (apparently caused by Saharan dust?) in Yorkshire Dales that somehow made anything green somehow more vivid (like wearing ski goggles).

Keep safe everyone!

Black as night here about an hour ago. Now getting a little lighter. Weird. I hope our Irish and West Coast members are safe .

We also had the strange yellowish sky this morning with a red sun. It's been very windy all day but thankfully we only have a yellow weather warning for this coast.

Very windy here in anglesey we have now lost power and Valley have recorded a gust of 81 mph 90 in Capel Curig.

caused by Sahara dust and also smoke from Portugal forest fires . at times I swear you could smell the fires. sometimes called a hurricane sun. took this at work about1pm

20171016_125822.jpg

caused by Sahara dust and also smoke from Portugal forest fires . at times I swear you could smell the fires. sometimes called a hurricane sun. took this at work about1pm

View attachment 26729

Drove through mid Portugal today.
ad5dd8250092a20c9bb589378eaeb7f5.jpg

Heard from others that they drove for two hours through areas hit. Bit we saw was relatively small.
Mike

Keep safe everyone!
Same experience in Tewksbury this morning. Here is a photo. I always trust the animals too - very quiet. Birds, ducks etc all silent at about 12:00.
22491842_1952157195055051_2056157395982124491_n.jpg

your view was certainly better than mine

Back