Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali 600 - Battery Not Charging

A

Aldo

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good day! I got my hands on a second hand Grand Cali 600 today, 2k miles on clock. Took it home happy as Larry until I realised battery was at 0% (even after 5mile drive). Started wall charging (13amp plug) its reading that it's charging successfully for 8 hours now (between 7-10amp on display), but when I take it of power it still says zero %. Tried fast charge button with engine running for a good 20min. When I turn ignition on still says 'low power'. I'm guessing it was sitting at lower power for too long so battery is dead? Or problem with the charging mechanism (alternator etc?). Thanks for any responses.

Sounds very like the battery could be goosed. Does it show the green battery bar on the panel going up In quick sequence when charging. Certainly 20mins on the overcharge facility should have had it at 50%+ easily.

Yes, green battery bar going up indicating charging. Will charge it overnight and if its still a problem will contact the seller and update this board when fixed. Thanks!

Yes, green battery bar going up indicating charging. Will charge it overnight and if its still a problem will contact the seller and update this board when fixed. Thanks!
What was the outcome, always good to close a thread. :)

What was the outcome, always good to close a thread. :)
Hi, i managed to charge the battery after doing a complete electrical reset (the knob at the back of the van which turns off all electrics). After doing that it has charged, however the battery has gone down to 40% after just a few days of doing nothing so i do think there is a problem with the battery. It is charging now though after the reset. Thanks

Hi, i managed to charge the battery after doing a complete electrical reset (the knob at the back of the van which turns off all electrics). After doing that it has charged, however the battery has gone down to 40% after just a few days of doing nothing so i do think there is a problem with the battery. It is charging now though after the reset. Thanks
When did you take delivery, did it get caught in lockdown in Germany for 3.5 months.

Hello Jester, there is no more answer here, but your question is asking me ... Mine was blocked for several months during lockdown, and I still have big problems with the battery ... you think the battery damaged due to prolonged storage and without use?

Hello Jester, there is no more answer here, but your question is asking me ... Mine was blocked for several months during lockdown, and I still have big problems with the battery ... you think the battery damaged due to prolonged storage and without use?
Hi there, yes more likely. request the dealer stress test the battery. Do you have a solar panel?

Thanks for four answer.
yes i have a solar panel that doesn't want to charge the battery. the motor does not want to charge the battery too, the only way is to connect the van to 220 v.

Back