Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nothing booked, should I be concerned?

apforrest

apforrest

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all,

Friday we have a ferry book to Santander with the plan to drive across Spain and up through France, then ferry back on the 23rd from the north of France. What we haven't been able to do is book any sites. We know our rough route so the plan is to have written down a few sites at each location and hope we can rock up and find something. We also have park4night.

Should we be concerned about this? Any tips and/or suggestions welcomed.

Hi all,

Friday we have a ferry book to Santander with the plan to drive across Spain and up through France, then ferry back on the 23rd from the north of France. What we haven't been able to do is book any sites. We know our rough route so the plan is to have written down a few sites at each location and hope we can rock up and find something. We also have park4night.

France and Spain now on holiday. I'm sure you'll find somewhere but I would suggest start looking after lunch. Don't leave it too late in the day.

Get Camperstop App for phone 6.99 Euros for year, you will be fine
I have patk4night database on sat nav, but usually Camperstop wins

Hi all,

I’d be tempted to book your first night - just check sites via the usual sources. Always nice to not have to worry as soon as you arrive! Plenty about but we really struggled a couple of years back. As @WelshGas says arrive early (even late morning) to get the best chance.
What type of site are you after? How many of you? Type of site? What time do you arrive in Santander? How far are looking to travel to get to a site? With a bit more info you might get a couple of recommendations.

Camperstop has 15 stops near santander
one is Area de Autocaravanas Suesa which has 66 motorhome pitches 10 euros per night

I would not worry about that - multiple apps will be your friends. You have a few suggestions above
- camperstop (never used, suggested above)
- Camping-Car Park (for France)
- SearchforSites
- Park4Night
- ASCI Campsites Europe

... and many other suggestions that may come.

Also, as mentioned earlier, start searching the previous day, or at least same day afternoon.

Enjoy the adventure.

This is good news.
We are doing our first trip to Europe mid-September and I can’t be arsed to plan anything.

We have never booked anywhere as we are never sure of exactly where we will be. Always found an Aire (not a motorway ones) or campsite.

Hi all,

Just to say we've arrived home from our trip. Having only booked the ferry to Santander and one out of the North of France, on the whole things worked out pretty good. The added concern was having 3 children ages 12, 10 and 7.

In the end park4night was the main go to and worth every penny. We stayed in a combination of camp sties, Aires and car parks. Only twice did it get particularly stressful as it went spend a good part of our day running around trying to find availability.

Take aways for me were arrive early at campsites; phone ahead; use park4night; be open minded and flexible; perhaps have a couple places prebooked for a breather.

Hi all,

Just to say we've arrived home from our trip. Having only booked the ferry to Santander and one out of the North of France, on the whole things worked out pretty good. The added concern was having 3 children ages 12, 10 and 7.

In the end park4night was the main go to and worth every penny. We stayed in a combination of camp sties, Aires and car parks. Only twice did it get particularly stressful as it went spend a good part of our day running around trying to find availability.

Take aways for me were arrive early at campsites; phone ahead; use park4night; be open minded and flexible; perhaps have a couple places prebooked for a breather.

Awesome. Glad to hear you had a good trip and great notes! That's the best recipe for lasting memories for the three little ones!

Here's to more adventures!

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk

Back