Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Novice and newbie questions

Right then. Accessory time for the new van in time for first camping trip in February somewhere.

Carpets: I think that I will probably go with the brandrup ones in the front and the middle bit as I am a bit of a tidy car freak so no shoe policy in the back! Anybody got any other experiences? If not best place to buy? Is 10% the best discount to expect?

Shelf matts in the cupboards. The brandrup ones were good, used those before when I have hired, but £45 notes is a bit steep. Has anybody else used anything different? I thought about getting a couple of large sheets of acrylic and cutting to size. Should stop noise and rattle.

Tent / Awning: we have a large 4 man tent at the moment but its heavy, cotton, takes up loads of room and takes a load of time to put up. Which is the best drive away awning that the van would butt up to?

Speakers: anybody uprated them?

Downstairs bed topper: standard vw one looks quite pricey but good. Zone sleep ones look good also. Ideally would like a firm mattress and I am less keen on memory foam.

Kitchen stuff; standard camping fair or anybody got any good innovative ideas?

I think that's it for part one! All advice really greatly appreciated.

Mooro

mooro said:
Right then. Accessory time for the new van in time for first camping trip in February somewhere.

Carpets: I think that I will probably go with the brandrup ones in the front and the middle bit as I am a bit of a tidy car freak so no shoe policy in the back! Anybody got any other experiences? If not best place to buy? Is 10% the best discount to expect?

Shelf matts in the cupboards. The brandrup ones were good, used those before when I have hired, but £45 notes is a bit steep. Has anybody else used anything different? I thought about getting a couple of large sheets of acrylic and cutting to size. Should stop noise and rattle.

Tent / Awning: we have a large 4 man tent at the moment but its heavy, cotton, takes up loads of room and takes a load of time to put up. Which is the best drive away awning that the van would butt up to?

Speakers: anybody uprated them?

Downstairs bed topper: standard vw one looks quite pricey but good. Zone sleep ones look good also. Ideally would like a firm mattress and I am less keen on memory foam.

Kitchen stuff; standard camping fair or anybody got any good innovative ideas?

I think that's it for part one! All advice really greatly appreciated.

Mooro

I would go for the qtm mats I bought the premium set front,living and boot all for about £80
2 years ago still look like new

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Goldie said:
About £12 for the front with discount https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/996/volkswagen-t5-transporter-2003-now-car-mats - use code 'iwantadeal'. Then put a set of VW Monter mats on top.

The carpet will protect the bit in the middle where you stand to put roof up in Beach, whilst the monsters will protect from mud, water etc and cover the left foot rest.

Andy

Cheers Andy

Just bought some when putting monster mats on top thats £12 wel spent as its only the bit between the seats that i hadn't sorted....

:thanks

Shaun

I can vouch for the qtm mats - they're excellent quality for the price. It's a shame they don't cover the gearbox hump (or whatever it is) between the seats and that still gets dirty. However, I bought a bath mat from tesco for a few quid and cut it to shape! Looks ridiculous according to my wife but it does the job! :)