Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Now the electric revolution begins…

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
We are proud and happy owners of an Ocean 6.1, and have put about 20k Km on it with various longer trips plus use as a second vehicle. We are also very happy owners of our second Tesla model S, and have driven both Teslas to a combined total of around 250k Km., with total reliability and extremely low running costs.
When we collected our Ocean in January last year, our excitement was tempered by the strangeness of going back to an infernal combustion engined vehicle after 10 years of electric driving, and we wished that at that time there was an electric equivalent with a reasonable range at around the same price. Now it seems there is!

A Dutch company fixxter is now offering a fully electric camper that appears to be a close analogue of a VW California. The range is quoted as about 330 km and the recharge to 80% time is given as 30 minutes, just enough time for a pee and a refill! They even optionally offer a LWB version!

https://fixxter.com/duurzame-en-veilige-elektrische-buscamper/ (in English).

I hope the company will be at the Düsseldorf caravan exhibition the werk after next!

If this meets its promises, I will be very happy to say goodbye to wallet-crippling diesel fill-ups and the mental games of dealing with ever increasing liw emission zones.

Looks like someone's DIY project. Best tidbit was the H2 option and the 8 billion Euro investment by the French in H2 economy and infrastructure with similar commitments by other European countries. I'll wait for that to become a reality before dumping my ICE.

Back