Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean Collected

I've not had that one from Carrs before and we've been back 3 or 4 times since collecting last October. Generally, I've found them to be quite quick and good

I When I rang to book it in I was told that I'd have to wait 2 weeks before the California Technician was in - can you believe that?!!
I cant believe that - its at least 4 weeks round here!!! and another 8 weeks & counting before they can get the parts......

I sold my 2018 Ocean in May this year and it was totally faultless for the two yers I owned it. My new T6.1 goes into production next week and is expected around 6 weeks later. I'm hoping not to suffer from all these "faults" I keep reading about on the new models.

Why o why can VW not have dealers carry out updates as part of the pre hand over process ?
A brand new van should be handed over with all updates applied, not wait until the customer has an issue, then say oh yes we knew about that can you bring your brand new van back in so we can apply and update to fix a fault we already know about! But you now have to wait several weeks because we’re busy !
Hit them where it hurts, in the pocket = Goodwill

Picked up our new Ocean last Thursday from the dealership in Poole. Had a great smooth drive back to Exeter along the coast road. Fantastic drive - great views out to sea. I'd never driven an automatic before but it was so easy to get used to once I remembered to keep my left foot out of the way! Home on the drive now, but for future newbies, in case you get the following problem (hopefully not).........
Sunday evening we decided to try out the electric roof. Went up and down perfectly well the first go. Second go, the roof started to come down on one side only. Put it up again but same prob on coming down. Decided to ring the dealership in the morning. So, rang them this morning and they were really patient and helpful - it seems this problem sometimes occurs and it is probably in need of reprogramming - which is a bit disappointing for a brand new vehicle to say the least. We were advised to open all doors and windows and try again - miracle alert - it worked. But we are now in the process of getting it booked in at our local VW van centre in Exeter to be reprogrammed. So, not the best start for our new van, but there is so much to be pleased with, so I'm trying to stay positive. Heyho!!
Had a similar problem with a rental California recently and found partially lowering the top and raising it again solved the problem for us. The other problem we had was the pop top wouldn’t lower, the control panel was unresponsive, contacted the hire company and they suggested disconnecting the main battery (under the bonnet) for 20 minutes. This didn’t seem to work, but I tried it again for over 30 minutes and this worked. The rear view mirror fell down also. STILL this didn’t put us off and we HOPE to have ours April (dealer says) I’m expecting July

I sold my 2018 Ocean in May this year and it was totally faultless for the two yers I owned it. My new T6.1 goes into production next week and is expected around 6 weeks later. I'm hoping not to suffer from all these "faults" I keep reading about on the new models.
Hi. That’s the problem with forums. I joined a forum for Koi keeping when I built my pond and the horror stories I was reading about had me treating them for all kinds of non existent diseases . The thing is the more people you know with a California, exponentially the more problems you’ll hear about. The good thing about forums, is you’ll know how to fix them . You’ll love it when it arrives. We had terrible problems with a rental California (pop top wouldn’t lower etc) but it didn’t stop us placing our order. Sometime in 2022 we hope

'New car glitch' seems to be a VW mantra! I've heard it from two dealers in the past three days!
I have yet to erect my roof pidgeon crap is my main concern right now. Plus raising the garage entrance which I unfortnately fixed 40 years ago....// ,but i now realise I need to excercise these things asap before the warranty runs out. But it is clear from all these blogs there are very few , if any, dealers have experience worth owt.....