Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Offside Rail Popping Out

DavidApp

DavidApp

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

I've noticed that the offside bench rail at the back near the 12v socket has pooped out of the floor. I can push it back in so it is flush with the floor again but it pops out again. How are the silver rail guides/protectors kept in place? I cannot see any hex bolts to tighten to keep it in place. Is it just glue?

Thanks

Dave

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

Turns out, after a service in Birmingham, that the rail is bent??? How on earth has that happened in the boot? So they wanted £300 for a new set as the passenger side was also showing signs of looseness. So I just through a carpet over it and might take some super glue to it.

Looks like it is just held down by the little tongue on the outside. Try pushing it down with a block of wood along its whole length starting from the rear of the seat , pushed forward, to the tailgate. If that doesn't work then try Double sided Gorilla Tape between the Aluminium strip and the black rail underneath.:thumb

Holy thread resurrection

3 seat Cali Beach, less than 18 months old:

I noticed one of the aluminium rail trims was not sitting flush to the floor rubber.
This applied to two part of the trim where the short section meets the long rail section.
On further inspection it was evident that the aluminium cover trim was not clipping in to the floor rail retaining tang as it should do.

There is no sign of damage to either the long or short aluminium cover trim, changing trims between different rails made no difference.

A visit to the dealer revealed the steel floor channel (seat guide rail) had broken, the steel tang welded to the floor rail to retain the aluminium cover trim has broken, therefore there is nothing retaining the ends of two Tim’s where they meet ( long and short section)

Dealer confirmed replacement of floor rail will be carried out under warranty (bench seat and multiflex board needs to come out)

Photo below shows the fault

36CA0CBC-B426-415F-BC4C-434285BF9FDF.jpeg

Back