Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil changes

But it's not in the interest of VWs network to reduce service intervals too much. There are many T5s that will do 100K before the 3 yr warranty is up and poor quality lubrication is going to show up to some extent by then in higher warranty costs. I am sure VW also make money from the sale of the consumables used for services

beardie said:
But it's not in the interest of VWs network to reduce service intervals too much. There are many T5s that will do 100K before the 3 yr warranty is up and poor quality lubrication is going to show up to some extent by then in higher warranty costs. I am sure VW also make money from the sale of the consumables used for services

I agree, it's a valid point but its a risk VW take. I'm 100% sure that in most cases the system works but as I suggested above many of us have an old Skool attitude to oil changes, some still find it difficult to get to grips with no first oil change after ~500 miles from new. :D

VW and the oil suppliers will have carried out extensive testing to support these intervals and of course it's not only VW that do it. I have seen lots of engines in test cells at our company research centre, many of which were VAG.

There are so many variables, not all of which can be considered or accounted for, such as fuel quality, oil used, journey patterns, environmental conditions.

Fuel quality. Now that's a more important subject IMO.

If you use cheep bio fuels or fuels mixed with bio fuel (such as those from supermarket forecourts) then this is undoubtedly going to have a significant impact on engine lubrication?

beardie said:

The warranty period is first two years is unlimited mileage, and then after two years old it is 100,000 miles or 3 years old whichever comes first for the warranty.

cheers

MisterTea said:
Fuel quality. Now that's a more important subject IMO.

If you use cheep bio fuels or fuels mixed with bio fuel (such as those from supermarket forecourts) then this is undoubtedly going to have a significant impact on engine lubrication?

Indeed. Fuel has a much greater effect than most people give credit for. Many times I have found myself in the Super Market vs Branded fuel debate. :headbang

Back