Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

oil for the strut of the elevating roof

S

samflis

hi: does someone knows which kind of oil the t5 roof struts need, I have to refill them, they are loosing power
thanks
samuel from cancun

Unless some oil has leaked out you won't be able to put any more in.
More likely it's a seal letting oil pass internally allowing the roof to sag on one or both sides.

hi snowy55 thanks for answering,so what can be the reason that the roof lacks power to raise, and it doesnt go down automatic it has to be manual
sam

Does the pump motor run? If not could be the fuse has blown.
Sorry but that's the end of my knowledge.
Is there a lot of Calis in Cancun?

yes the motor runs, to raise it but not to lower it.
the are no calis in mexico in the country there are only allowed for foreigners as a temporal permit, mine go it by luck , a vw plant executive brought it for him in 2005 and it was imported by vw plant for him,the only one, and when he went back to work to Germany he sold it to a vw dealer owner and the he sold it to a friend and that friend to me, no calis here, some vw combi camper westfalia 1980-85 around,
thanks

Must be interesting to have the only one in a country.
Hopefully someone with more understanding of how the roof works will reply soon.

Today I put some 3-1 oil on all moving parts and a bit of motor grease on the sliding hindge of the roof.

Didn't want to start a new threat so tagged in on here.

Today I put some 3-1 oil on all moving parts and a bit of motor grease on the sliding hindge of the roof.

Didn't want to start a new threat so tagged in on here.

Think the OP was about the oil in the reservoir behind the controlpanel for the hydrolic system ;)

Think the OP was about the oil in the reservoir behind the controlpanel for the hydrolic system ;)

I know but it was an old thread and my post was roof related and didn't think it warranted it's its own thread.

Back