Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

On street parking

pingpal6

pingpal6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Does anyone use on street parking. Comfort has refused to insure our Cali if it is not parked in a driveway or garage

Hi Steve our forum tech guy is with comfort and he has to park on the street
I think I remember him saying it cost a little bit more but that's all :thumb

I asked the question and she said they will not insure if its on street parking, strange, maybe its Edinburgh.

Not sure about that Steve lives in brighton :doh

That's good not sure if comfort would have beat that anyway. I'm afraid I don't qualify for saga yet
But am fortunate to be able to park off road :thumb :thumb really good value on an expensive vehicle :thumb

Like Kev said, Comfort were fine with us parking on the street.
We were paying just over £300pa (until I bumped it up to unlimited mileage after we burned through our 8000 mile ceiling!).

Sound like you got a great deal from Saga though :thumb

Best wishes
Steve

coordinated said:
We were paying just over £300pa (until I bumped it up to unlimited mileage after we burned through our 8000 mile ceiling!).

Best wishes
Steve

steve do they charge much to bump up the mileage if you want to change it , as mines at 8k ,but may go over that if i keep this up :?:

choplee said:
coordinated said:

Best wishes
Steve

steve do they charge much to bump up the mileage if you want to change it , as mines at 8k ,but may go over that if i keep this up :?:

I have just taken up with Comfort(14/09/2012) £292.67 10000 miles, after this it's unlimited and premium went upto £345.00pa - was also informed that the new for old policy is only if your mileage is below 12000! in the two years.

Hope that helped

Kevin

The majority of companies would not quote for Glasgow on-street parking even though I live in a leafy 'Gardens' in a very respectable and very quiet area - it's simply a post code thing they say (anything prefixed with a G). I do not have this difficulty with my missus' BM 325 MSport curiously!

Safeguard will do it but it costs - About £450 - but that includes unlimited mileage, wads of time abroad and good AA cover for UK and Europe (and me, wife and two sons and a daughter in law as drivers).

Companies that would indeed quote were over a £1000 with limits on everything and no abroad cover (this includes VW).

I was told by one company that slates blow off Glasgow tenement roofs and damage cars too easily yet the nearest tenements are miles away from our stone-built houses. Bollocks!

Same where I live in Edinburgh. There are loads of luxury cars parked where I stay, that would be more desirable to crooks than a VW California. I am sure there will be a database somewhere that explains their conclusions

We live in zone 2 in London, and Comfort would not insure us to park on the road (nor would anyone else). They told us they would not cover anything over £30k in value. We use a storage facility a few miles north in Hertford. I'm pretty sure this is all about location - city centres are clearly more risky.