Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Canvas drying time

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello everyone, I have a question in regards to how long the canvas of the pop to takes to dry out on a dry day in (a) summer and (b) winter. I ask as I live on a terrace street and if we have traveled home with it wet I don’t feel I can leave the top up in the street, would have go somewhere and sit while it drys. Don’t know why but it feels Very uncomfortable to put it up in the street, does anyone else do this who has on street parking ?

Hello everyone, I have a question in regards to how long the canvas of the pop to takes to dry out on a dry day in (a) summer and (b) winter. I ask as I live on a terrace street and if we have traveled home with it wet I don’t feel I can leave the top up in the street, would have go somewhere and sit while it drys. Don’t know why but it feels Very uncomfortable to put it up in the street, does anyone else do this who has on street parking ?
In your situation I’d be inclined to get a topper to use if it’s raining and you can’t wait for it to dry. Whilst it may not take long for the canvas to dry in a nice warm breeze there are times when that could mean waiting a few days for dry weather. The trouble with leaving the canvas wet with the roof down is that the moisture can wick through to the mattress and the roof lining.

You could use an external Topper whilst camping to keep the canvas dry.

I find it dries very quickly. No more than a couple of hours even if very wet. (we do not use a topper)

You could also pop the top up in the street and go and have a cuppa or some other job in the van for a while till it dries out.
It does not take long especially if there is a breeze or a bit of sun.
Other wise the toppers are another option.

Others have said before, pop the top then run the heater for 15 mins.

If I know I will have rain, or very damp nights (cooler nights in damper regions) I use my external topper. Just remove the wet topper, close the roof with the dry tent and set off. Then just dry the topper once at home or on another camping spot. It's dry in less than an hour.