Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'One in the eye' for the Cali'

M

Monkeyflush

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg At last, our first chance to test out our new purchase. We chose a Caravan and Motorhome Club site near Battle in East Sussex. And a mighty fine site it was too. We stayed for just one night but learnt such a lot about the whole California experience. It rained all day, but it didn't dampen our love and affection for the grey 'beast'. At times we realised that things that were stored in the back should be in the front. No dirty shoes inside meant that some amazing balletic sequences were performed- no wonder my wife is after a retro fit 'limo' tint. I couldn't try out the Cadac outdoor cooking, or the awning because of the rain so the cabin took the eau de bacon hit. A steak and salad (without the salad which was left at home) dinner washed down with a decent Malbec completed the day. Amazing.

Keep some newspapers in the under Seat drawer in case you need to get in the van with dirty boots on!

View attachment 33126 View attachment 33125 View attachment 33124 View attachment 33123 At last, our first chance to test out our new purchase. We chose a Caravan and Motorhome Club site near Battle in East Sussex. And a mighty fine site it was too. We stayed for just one night but learnt such a lot about the whole California experience. It rained all day, but it didn't dampen our love and affection for the grey 'beast'. At times we realised that things that were stored in the back should be in the front. No dirty shoes inside meant that some amazing balletic sequences were performed- no wonder my wife is after a retro fit 'limo' tint. I couldn't try out the Cadac outdoor cooking, or the awning because of the rain so the cabin took the eau de bacon hit. A steak and salad (without the salad which was left at home) dinner washed down with a decent Malbec completed the day. Amazing.
You do have rear blinds you can put down.:thumb

Great stuff , actually i mostly do use the awning when it rains...wind it out a bit to take off your dirty shoes ....yes indeed and wet coat . It also prevents rain coming in when opening the sliding door .
And handy to cook outdoors when it rains !
You'l learn each trip it takes a few trips to setlle things :thumb

Great ideas, thanks.
We read this forum for about a month before buying. Now I can see why there were posts about what to use for a rubbish bin, where to hang coats, where to put the fire extinguisher and so on. Small details and none of them insurmountable, but with a little ingenuity everything runs more smoothly. Roll on the next adventure.

Great ideas, thanks.
We read this forum for about a month before buying. Now I can see why there were posts about what to use for a rubbish bin, where to hang coats, where to put the fire extinguisher and so on. Small details and none of them insurmountable, but with a little ingenuity everything runs more smoothly. Roll on the next adventure.
Only a month!? :embarrased

We live in Battle.. sorry about the rain.. it was a one off! How was the site, would be good to know?

I couldn't be bothered having to take my shoes off every time I get into the van, especially as we are often driving and then stop and go through into the back. We have a nice big Ikea bathmat/doormat which absorbs dirt and wet, which we can just shake out.
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/towels-bathmats/toftbo-bath-mat-grey-art-50221301/

At nighttime I put down another mat to step on with bare feet when getting ready for bed.
But then we don't take our shoes off at home either.

We use an ancient yoga mat for anything more than a night, and for days out we use a Lidl table mat which folds and squishes and lives under the drivers seat.

Normanhurst, the Caravan and Motorhome Club site was really very good. The wash blocks were immaculately clean. The people were very friendly, and we will certainly return for a longer stay. There is a nice stroll to The White Hart pub in Catsfield along a bridle path. In short, everything we needed to test our new pride and joy.

Normanhurst, the Caravan and Motorhome Club site was really very good. The wash blocks were immaculately clean. The people were very friendly, and we will certainly return for a longer stay. There is a nice stroll to The White Hart pub in Catsfield along a bridle path. In short, everything we needed to test our new pride and joy.
Thanks.. all good to know for future friend visits etc