Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

options and accessories

H

Hovis

as my quest continues the list of possible options i THINK i need grows.

I was also looking and accessories and browsed through the Brandrup catalogue

http://shop.wiest-autohaeuser.de/katalo ... log_EN.pdf

those second skin covers look like a must have... unless you get the berghaus that it!

Any thoughts on what the must have options are?

For me the F & R parking was well up there as was Cruise Control.

I will fit an RNS510 navigation myself, having had several cars with it before it's an awesome unit and will be a godsend for Europe.

The safe looks good and had our van not had it I would have fitted it myself - £120 for the parts.

I think the climate will be useful but not essential.
Privacy Glass seems a popular option.
Don't know many that add Xenon headlights. I normally have them on my cars but didn't have the choice this time so no decision to make.

The generally accepted list that will help sell it should you need to are...

Climatronic
Privacy glass
parking sensors F & R
Awening

Personally I would add to that...

Mudflaps
viz pack A
RNS510 sat nav
Bluetooth
MFSW

Did not have any choice with options on my cali as is ex-demo.

If you even think you might need 5th seat do order it as an option as it is VERY expensive to add later. Same with awening but to a lesser degree.

Brandrup gear is nice but many folk are put off by the high prices !

I believe there are threads on this topic, suggest you do a search.

thanks for the replies :thumb

I was definately think of the 5th seat, didn't seem too much extra at £360.

from you list think i had all the top ones:

Climatronic
Privacy glass
parking sensors F & R
Awening

F&R sensors would definitely be a must and was even thinking about camera option as the VW badge camer is pretty cool and functional and tie it in with the sat nav option and MFSW with Dynaudio. Blue tooth not really fussed about..

Side rails, tail gate and front spoiler, lowering springs, tail gate trim, wind deflectors etc.... a small cars worth in value just on options :cry:

My essentials list is:

1) Privacy glass
2) Tyre pressure warning sensor
3) Sat Nav - we have the Kenwood system which uses the rather fab Garmin nab
4) Climate
5) Mud flaps
6) Awning (note - no "e")
7) Rear parking sensors

And stuff that the dealer can fit/supply

1) Seat covers
2) Rear bumper guard/cover
3) Rubber mats

And then finally (!) the stuff to buy afterwards:

1) Carpets/mats
2) Elevating roof cover (Pucer for us)
3) Hook up cable
4) Euro plug adaptor
5) Levelling ramps

Hovis..............bad news I'm afraid.

The accessory list never stops! Shani can't pass an accessory shop without picking something up! Lemon chopping board anyone?

Iain is right - in fact I initially found it annoying having spent a lot on a pretty well specced van to be faced with an additional "must have" list!! But you do gradually get a few bits and bobs and make the van your own.

a reminder the 5th seat cant be retro fitted any more....
and if you have leather / alcantara option the seat comes matching at no extra cost :thumb
£360 is well worth it...even if it sits most of time in the house (but will come into its own when we go to Disneyland Paris with daughter and 2 g'kids this July!!!)
PS you need to be a big rugger bloke to lift it in and out!

I agree with what you say, well worth it if you are fortunate to be 'building' a factory order Van.

The power hookup cable ...not standard with the cali...???
extra ?

they supply a short euro hook up cable but not a uk hook up cable

at least you can buy the length to suit you

dave
:doh

Guys I do have the uk mains adapter in my shop. Also just in are battery and alternator
Testers useful for testing your leisure battery :thumb

Calikev said:
Guys I do have the uk mains adapter in my shop. Also just in are battery and alternator
Testers useful for testing your leisure battery :thumb

Cal i'll keep that in mind when & if i get my cali........all this aggro i'm starting to think is the cali worth it .... :headwall

everything is extra as usual

Believe me when I say it will be worth it once you get sorted you will have a very large grin on your face that will take a while to get rid of. :thumb :thumb

Calikev said:
Believe me when I say it will be worth it once you get sorted you will have a very large grin on your face that will take a while to get rid of. :thumb :thumb

Thanks Calikev ....just on a downer with it at the moment and all that money starts to feel like so much more when you think about .....need to block out the bad and harness the good .. :thanks

everything is not really extra in the bigger scheme of things..remember that with the SE Cali yoiu get loads of stuff like electric pack and swivel seats and basic air con etc etc all fitted cos its the top end caravelle base model....and stuff like hook up cables and gas bottles etc dont come with caravans or motorhomes normally, you have to pay!
having looked at buying a base to convert there's no contest!!!! (unless you are wanting bespoke individual interior and layout)...and you dont really need diff alloys and side bars and stuff like that...cool as they may be..
yes its a lot of dosh but when you think a new of the new minis specced up are is £28K..
awning, privacy glass and parking sensors are prob the key things to get....
but I also recommend dealer fitted media interface for Ipod etc..so glad I had this added in!

Do what I did. Got to as many car websites as you can and configure a vehicle. All manufactures play on adding extras.

Want a decently specced focus - over 20k please.

Look at it this way. You can easily spend 40k on a car. What do those cars do - they get you from a to b and as nice as they are they do the same job as a fiesta. Okay over a distance a more expensive car is nice but the point is with the Cali you a Swiss army knife of a vehicle. And that is how you have to judge its value.

As for conversions - i would go for the Cali. Conversions are expensive and I would not be keen on 40k black bumpers and steel wheels.

The Cali is a good price perhaps it looks expensive against a motorhome but it's not like for like

One option and advantage of VW is the scene. Most factory extras can be fitted at a later date and do you really need them?

I also think a van easier and safer to drive than a regular car.

If you are concerned about price look at what you value ad then decide

James

Not forgetting a £30k car today next year will
Probably only be worth £20k
Another reason the cali is good value

Good comments guys and both made me feel better about the price tag :)
Cheers

A chap I know has just bought a Focus. Its cost him £30k and isn't even an RS!

Agree with comments above. The price seems high on its own but compare it to post factory conversions and it really is quite good vfm.

Thanks every one. We pick up our new beach in about 11 weeks. hoping the weather still warmish.. I am going to enjoy accessory hunting!! :barmy

dalenikki said:
Thanks every one. We pick up our new beach in about 11 weeks. hoping the weather still warmish.. I am going to enjoy accessory hunting!! :barmy

What colour and options did you go for ?

James

inthemidnighthour said:

dave

What length of cable do you guys find best?

abbeyfoto said:
inthemidnighthour said:

dave

What length of cable do you guys find best?

25m seems to be the optimum length. That's what we went for!

Back