reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone help me with the 2013 Catalogue options:

1) Looks like Privacy Glass is not longer an option:

privacy.png

2) Do any of the alloy wheel options include better / bigger brakes?

3) MFD Colour option seems reasonable at £200 if they mean this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RjtyPGP ... re=related

4) Multi Function Steering Wheel

Seems like this is only available with the Drivers pack or have I misunderstood?

multi.png

comfort.png

5) Safe box (£75.00) any good?

6) Smoking pack at £20 seems like a no brainer for the extra cigarette lighter and additional cup holder (even for non smoker)

7) Tyre-pressure warning light (£50) probably save this in fuel, not sure how sensitive they are.

Any answers / opinions on the above would be great :)

Attachments

• privacy.png
    privacy.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
  • multi.png
    multi.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
  • comfort.png
    comfort.png
    187 KB · Views: 0
I purchased from last years brochure, but I have had a quick look, and it does appears to have changed.

1 - Privacy glass is still available, but only on Premium and Camping packs, so I would hope that this is just a typo and is still available on its own. It used to be £295. Best have a chat with a dealer.

2 - Think the only difference on brakes is 140 normal brakes, 180 = big brakes, which is why the 180 has the bigger wheels as standard.

3 - MFD - is new and exciting for 2013 :)

4 - MFSW - I think you just chose the "Leather-covered steering wheel, gear knob and gaiter" and the small print says "Includes multi-function display and controls for radio and mobile phone"

5 - Safe box - in the end we got an ex-Demo and it has the safe box, we didn't think we needed it, but it fits in the dead space at the bottom of the wardrobe and we did use it for documents while in France, so would probably get it again if we ordered another van.

6 - Smokers Pack - not sure what you get if you don't have this - we have the pull out tray with a 12v point, 2 cup holders and a little hole that could be an ash tray, but have no actual cigarette lighter, does that mean we have a smokers pack?

7 - Tyre pressure - we have this - it has never gone off...

I think there are a few typos and inconsistencies since the merger of the Maxi Caddy into the Cali brochure....

Tony

I spoke with a dealer yesterday and he said the brochure is a mess...loads of inaccuracies etc, and things they just don't understand (e.g. the water heater in the beach)

A number of the options you have identfiied can be retro fitted by HazzyDayz (or others), although looking at the pices in the brochure you would pay a premium to have them fitted at a later date.

We wanted satnav but didnt want to pay the nearly £2k price premium so decided it was one for fitting at a later date when funds allow.

Bjohnson said:
A number of the options you have identfiied can be retro fitted by HazzyDayz (or others), although looking at the pices in the brochure you would pay a premium to have them fitted at a later date.

We wanted satnav but didnt want to pay the nearly £2k price premium so decided it was one for fitting at a later date when funds allow.
i just can't understand paying £2k for what a £100 Tom Tom will do. I appreciate its not as integrated and the screen size is smaller but VW must be minting it in on these. I also find that a ICE mounted GPS needs you to look away from the road more than a smaller Tom Tom mounted with a window sucker

beardie said:
Bjohnson said:

i just can't understand paying £2k for what a £100 Tom Tom will do. I appreciate its not as integrated and the screen size is smaller but VW must be minting it in on these. I also find that a ICE mounted GPS needs you to look away from the road more than a smaller Tom Tom mounted with a window sucker

totally +1

The £2000 RNS 510 can be DIY fitted for around £500.

Still loads more money than a TomTom, but it does a bit more:

- Directions appear on the MFD display (between Rev counter and Speedo)
- Holds 30GB of music on its internal hard disk
- Accepts an SD card for even more music
- Plays DVDs
- Sounds Loads better than the standard unit.

Still not worth £2000, but I was happy with a £500 install

T

Bjohnson said:

Which options? :)

The MFD is £895 from HappyDayz, £200 from VW.

Multi Function Steering wheel is also cheaper as an VW option.

DAB I would have as I believe it would be a factory aerial rather than aftermarket retrofit.

I didn't mention Sat Nav in my post!

I've got enough experience to know never to pay VW for that ;)

teeboy said:
The £2000 RNS 510 can be DIY fitted for around £500.

Still loads more money than a TomTom, but it does a bit more:

- Directions appear on the MFD display (between Rev counter and Speedo)
- Holds 30GB of music on its internal hard disk
- Accepts an SD card for even more music
- Plays DVDs
- Sounds Loads better than the standard unit.

Still not worth £2000, but I was happy with a £500 install

T

I don't understand, how is it that they are available for so little compared to from vw? Are they dodgy?

The colour MFD should be standard with highest spec Bluetooth option. It's been available on Velles for ages - it's very nice but it doesn't do much more although I'd spec it because it looks smart.

The brochure seems to be rough translation on european brochures.

VW510 for £500 is no brainer - it's a brilliant unit and does much more than a Tom Tom - wouldn't pay 2k for one though. I don't find having a Sat Nav in the Dash to be a problem.

Auto lights - finally? Maybe? Available on Velles - not on Cali's?

James

reserves said:
Bjohnson said:

Which options? :)

The MFD is £895 from HappyDayz, £200 from VW.

Multi Function Steering wheel is also cheaper as an VW option.

DAB I would have as I believe it would be a factory aerial rather than aftermarket retrofit.

I didn't mention Sat Nav in my post!

I've got enough experience to know never to pay VW for that ;)

Actually that might have been what you were saying, it's been a long day :)

Hi,

I'm also new to this game, and have been perusing the latest brochure with a view to potentially ordering new.
I noticed that the travel pack that is now offered appears to be extremely good value (unless I'm missing something?) price of pack is 2.6k whereas individually the options (including sat nav) come in at over 4k??!

Dan

Yes, I was wondering about that for the Beach too (although it's called the Premium pack)...seems like rather a good deal!

actually now I'm very confused...you don't seem to be able to get rear/front parking sensors on the Beach without getting the Driver Pack (it's no longer listed as a separate option), but then if you also wanted to go for the Premium Pack, you would be doubling up on the MF Steering Wheel and the auto-dimming rear view mirror ... hmm not sure whether it's just the brochure that is wrong, or whether they're trying to make it virtually impossible for you to go for the bargain deals with any sensible combination of options...?

Confuserated said:
I don't understand, how is it that they are available for so little compared to from vw? Are they dodgy?

I am sure some are dodgy ones, but if you from a reputable dealer then you should be fine, they are often from cars where the stereo has been changed, or the car is written off (Rns 510s have been fitted to lots of Vw cars for years now), you can even get skoda or seat ones for a few quid less if you are happy with different logos.

The going rate on ebay is between 500 and 600 quid, supply and demand sets that price

T

Wonder if the Travel Pack includes the Multi Function Steering Wheel? As the premium Bluetooth needs this I expect it does, actually doesn't look too bad value, but most of the cost is the RNS 510 with DAB+

Now thinking it makes sense just to get the Bluetooth installed and then install a RNS 315 with dab until the RNS 510 prices fall.

Travel Pack does include the rear view camera though which previously had a hideous price too and for those of us who tow a trailer or (and this includes me) a caravan (sorry :oops: ) that is tempting especially when I don't have anyone to assist me hitching up.

At least the options don't seem to break (apart from maybe the electric door flattening batteries) unlike on many vehicles. With the Cali, it seems to be the "base" van that breaks - sometimes rather often... :headbang

Paul S said:
Travel Pack does include the rear view camera though which previously had a hideous price too and for those of us who tow a trailer or (and this includes me) a caravan (sorry :oops: ) that is tempting especially when I don't have anyone to assist me hitching up.

I tow a small trailer and these are a pig to reverse at the best of times but even more difficult when you can't see it. :shocked

According to SMG

"The brochure has error’s in it and the parking sensors are not in the Travel pack they are separate."

Based on past experience VW UK don't seem to spend any effort at all getting their brochures proof-read. It's a shame really as often the brochure is the prospective buyers first contact with a product. It then gets worse if you ask the dealer to clarify such and such as the brochure is no help and their response is pretty much "we have as much idea as you do sir". It smacks of a successful/profitable company getting complacent and having a culture of not being bothered because the money is rolling in nicely anyway thanks very much. Rant over.

Anyway, has anyone got to the bottom of how to get heated water out of a Beach yet? And why are there 97,000 types of parking heater on offer?

The going rate on ebay is between 500 and 600 quid, supply and demand sets that price

Be careful buying from ebay, its a lot of money to risk. Make sure you get the latest version, do your homework first.

Andy said:

Be careful buying from ebay, its a lot of money to risk. Make sure you get the latest version, do your homework first.

True, but don't be too worried, just do the normal checks first and make sure you're covered by credit card or PayPal.

I ordered a RNS Sat Nav unit for my Audi from Lithuania (where there seems to be some sort of reconditioning factory) it arrived within 4 days.

So, yes be careful, but it's possible to get a reliable deal.

Back