Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Orignal VW "Disc" Alloy wheels. Silver spoke or White spoke?

thomasamoht

thomasamoht

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi. I’m around 3 weeks away from picking up our new VW California in two tone bay leaf green candy white. It’s our pride and joy and after many hours deliberating I decided to splash out on the white rimmed original disc alloys. Without tires I was happy to find some for £1600 but then perplexed to find out today that the rims are silver, not white. I’ve only seen two tone California’s with the white version and I really like them. The only pictures I can find of the silver ones are on solid colour vans. I’m not so sure that so go as well on my van. I can return them to Germany but it’ll cost to return. Has anyone’s got the silver times one on their California?
Thanks,
Tom

Hi. I’m around 3 weeks away from picking up our new VW California in two tone bay leaf green candy white. It’s our pride and joy and after many hours deliberating I decided to splash out on the white rimmed original disc alloys. Without tires I was happy to find some for £1600 but then perplexed to find out today that the rims are silver, not white. I’ve only seen two tone California’s with the white version and I really like them. The only pictures I can find of the silver ones are on solid colour vans. I’m not so sure that so go as well on my van. I can return them to Germany but it’ll cost to return. Has anyone’s got the silver times one on their California?
Thanks,
Tom
Hi

I have a solid Acapulco Blue T6 and am looking to upgrade from standard 17” Devonports to genuine VW 8j silver 18” Bulli discs. So if yours fit the bill then I’m very interested in buying.

Cheers

Taff T

Hi

I have a solid Acapulco Blue T6 and am looking to upgrade from standard 17” Devonports to genuine VW 8j silver 18” Bulli discs. So if yours fit the bill then I’m very interested in buying.

Cheers

Taff T
Hi Taff T
Im in negotiation with the seller but that may offer an option! I’m assured they are lovely and brand new. I was considering keeping them but I really was looking for the white ones to offset the split paint job. When they are here I’ll send u photos and my own description and see if you are interested

thanks tom

Out of interest how did you get on with buying the wheels from Germany post brexit? Did it all go smoothly with no nasty surprises in terms of import charges etc?

Hi Taff T
Im in negotiation with the seller but that may offer an option! I’m assured they are lovely and brand new. I was considering keeping them but I really was looking for the white ones to offset the split paint job. When they are here I’ll send u photos and my own description and see if you are interested

thanks tom
Yep …sounds good to me

Out of interest how did you get on with buying the wheels from Germany post brexit? Did it all go smoothly with no nasty surprises in terms of import charges etc?
So far so good other than the pictures were of white ones but the description was aluminium. The seller is prompt and responsive and I would rather sell them than do them out of a sale and waste everyone’s postage. I’ll buy the white ones off them straight away if they are in stock. I’ll return the silver ones if they are no use to someone on here. No hidden taxes so far. No wheels yet though so I’ll let you know!! Due around 12th but that seemed optimistic to me

Hi Thomas - I am after some genuine silver Bulli discs? DM me if you are selling.

Cheers

Taff T

Any news/update on those silver Bulli wheels yet Tom?

Cheers
Hi Taff,
Yeah I got stung for £365 of import charges so my pride at getting them at such a low price is somewhat dented! I’ll let you know when they arrive. I’m struggling to find the white ones at a reasonable price so I’m going to have a look see if I can live with the silver ones. I’m still looking for white ones though so I’ll let you know when they arrive

So far so good other than the pictures were of white ones but the description was aluminium. The seller is prompt and responsive and I would rather sell them than do them out of a sale and waste everyone’s postage. I’ll buy the white ones off them straight away if they are in stock. I’ll return the silver ones if they are no use to someone on here. No hidden taxes so far. No wheels yet though so I’ll let you know!! Due around 12th but that seemed optimistic to me
I got that nasty import charges surprise. £370 on top of the alloys price! Bloody brexit

I got that nasty import charges surprise. £370 on top of the alloys price! Bloody brexit
Did you pay VAT when you paid, and then import tax/VAT on arrival. You should only pay on arrival I understand

That’s a shame but sounds like you payed about £2k which is still a good price relative to buying in the UK. Hopefully this stuff will eventually sort its self out as it does sound like you have paid 2xVAT due to admin / co’s not understanding how it works. Worth confirming and seeing if there is any way to recover any double VAT

That’s a shame but sounds like you payed about £2k which is still a good price relative to buying in the UK. Hopefully this stuff will eventually sort its self out as it does sound like you have paid 2xVAT due to admin / co’s not understanding how it works. Worth confirming and seeing if there is any way to recover any double VAT
If you were charged it locally, and provide proof you also paid on import, the company should refund you their tax charged. I've had it - all a bit of a faff but I'm sure things will smooth out

Hi Taff,
Yeah I got stung for £365 of import charges so my pride at getting them at such a low price is somewhat dented! I’ll let you know when they arrive. I’m struggling to find the white ones at a reasonable price so I’m going to have a look see if I can live with the silver ones. I’m still looking for white ones though so I’ll let you know when they arrive
Hi Tom

Well if you don’t want to ‘wear’ the silver it’s still a good price to me if you decide to pass on unsullied.

Cheers

Hi Taff,
Or you could have the silver ones powder coated white for c.£300

Hi Tom

Well if you don’t want to ‘wear’ the silver it’s still a good price to me if you decide to pass on unsullied.

Cheers
Great to know thank you. I won’t put them on the van unless I’m sure. I don’t want to keep swapping wheels, so they’ll be in the boxes. I’ve still got a half feeling they might turn out to be the white ones after all when they arrive. The photos were obviously generic and were white. Just the description says silver and the seller says they were silver. Pretty rate tbh. I’ve only seen the white ones on sale so I assumed they were as the photo. We’ll see. It’s UPS so at least I can track it. I’ll let you know

Or you could have the silver ones powder coated white for c.£300
Also considered that. I used to be a dealership salesman so I had loads of wheels reconditioned but very little experience with power coating. How durable is it?

If you were charged it locally, and provide proof you also paid on import, the company should refund you their tax charged. I've had it - all a bit of a faff but I'm sure things will smooth out
Ok cool. I’m VAT registered so I was wondering if I could claim anything back. I guessed the company wouldn’t be returning me anything. Dunno ‍♂️ I’ll have a look into it. Thanks

Great to know thank you. I won’t put them on the van unless I’m sure. I don’t want to keep swapping wheels, so they’ll be in the boxes. I’ve still got a half feeling they might turn out to be the white ones after all when they arrive. The photos were obviously generic and were white. Just the description says silver and the seller says they were silver. Pretty rate tbh. I’ve only seen the white ones on sale so I assumed they were as the photo. We’ll see. It’s UPS so at least I can track it. I’ll let you know
Here are some silver ones
https://www.newwavecustomconversions.co.uk/product/vw-caravelle-bulli-edition-18-alloy-wheels/

Also considered that. I used to be a dealership salesman so I had loads of wheels reconditioned but very little experience with power coating. How durable is it?
The most durable I understand- more durable than painting. I expect the wheels are powder coated silver

If you are still struggling to find white ones at a reasonable price these could be an option.
I emailed the seller about some different wheels and they confirmed price included VAT and would be reduced accordingly if shipped to the UK. Not sure exactly how that works so you would need to check with them but could be an option

Get em powder coated …according to another supplier, the advertised price has now jumped almost 40% for genuine imports!!! Seems UK now a cash cow and being clobbered after Brexit with profiteering rife ☹️

If you are still struggling to find white ones at a reasonable price these could be an option.
I emailed the seller about some different wheels and they confirmed price included VAT and would be reduced accordingly if shipped to the UK. Not sure exactly how that works so you would need to check with them but could be an option

Ohh thank you, I have my eye on these

Back