Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ouch

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The gateway into the the rear of our house is very tight for the Cali and a couple of weeks ago I caught the offside mirror by about a quarter of an inch on the gatepost while reversing in in pouring rain. I need the mirrors out to see where I'm going as we have a 5 ft drop near the gate so have to be careful.
It pulled the mirror out of the housing but everything worked OK but I couldn't get it back in the door properly.
Sorted by the dealer yesterday, cost £338 as they said the internals were damaged.
It's a bad design in my opinion. I thought mirrors were supposed to spring back when knocked but the T5 design doesn't allow it do do that due to it's folding upwards mechanism.
That's blown the cost of a ferry to France.
Look after your mirrors. :sad

I did exactly the same and it cost me about that. I feel for you. I asked to keep the broken mirror for spares!

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

80 quid from a scrapper on eBay, two hours to fit, most of which was splitting the casing which is meant to be sacrificial so I could reuse the type cover.

Ouch indeed! Sorry to hear about that - yes it sure it tight coming off of that hair pin corner :?

Has you next door neighbor managed to retrieve the ladder off his roof yet? hopefully when it wasn't so windy!

Hi Nick.
Yes, bit of a blow in the wallet that.

No, ladder is still there, I think he's trying to realign his Sky dish now.

Back