Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor chairs

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
A recommendation, just had a weekend away in the Cali and one of the Allen head screws on one of our chairs had worked its way out and was loose in the tailgate compartment.

I didn't have an Allen key with me, so have now removed both chairs to check all screws, plus I'll be adding a hex key to my on board spares kit.

Might be worth checking yours.

Our Cali is 16 months old but I wouldn't have previously thought to check these or carry a hex key on the Cali.

Mines lost one already! luckily the plastic spacer was still in the tailgate, going to take the bolt I took out the other side and get it matched up.

Why oh why do the screws keeping loosening and coming out.

Such a pain to keep checking them. Allen key now definately part of my kit.

I wondered if they could be 'LocTite' in to stop them working loose........

Apply Loctite "Lock N Seal" to all the threads :thumb

If you Cali is still within warranty you can get them repaired or even replaced!

Our Cali is only 11 months old and was a demonstrator for th first 6 months. We have used the van four times and the chairs probably only twice.

Luckily I found the bolt and was able to screw it back in.

Just worried about it falling out again so going to Halfords to get some loctite.

Sorry, we no longer stock these as there were too many different combinations. If you email us we can put you in touch with the company that makes them in Germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, we no longer stock these as there were too many different combinations. If you email us we can put you in touch with the company that makes them in Germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My Cali is now 10 years old and I noticed the stitching on one of the seat bases was giving way :(
Anyway I found an old skool uphosterer contact in my village who was happy to re-stich both of the seat bases for me. I gave him ÂŁ20 for his trouble and he was very happy (as was I!). If any of you face a similar issue you can easily remove the seat bases by undoing the 2 phillips screws and sliding it off.
If you package these up to me (and include return postage) I will gladly get these turned around for you very quickly and back in the post FOC.
:thumb

My Cali is now 10 years old and I noticed the stitching on one of the seat bases was giving way :(
Anyway I found an old skool uphosterer contact in my village who was happy to re-stich both of the seat bases for me. I gave him ÂŁ20 for his trouble and he was very happy (as was I!). If any of you face a similar issue you can easily remove the seat bases by undoing the 2 phillips screws and sliding it off.
If you package these up to me (and include return postage) I will gladly get these turned around for you very quickly and back in the post FOC.
:thumb
What a great board

Mike

Don't forget we sell genuine replacements in the club accessory store.

Hi Martin - yup we've lost one of the bolts and spacers for one of our chairs :( could you let me know who I contact?

Many thanks!

Ian

How robust are these chairs (and the table)? Having been an on/off camper for a few years I realise these things do get broken with use and I'm betting that if they can be re-supplied from VW they're not cheap. Are the chair dimensions such that only the VW ones fit in the tailgate, or has anybody found alternatives that do the job?

When my Beach eventually arrives I'm wondering whether I should remove the table and chairs and replace them with something equivalent so that the VW ones are preserved in case of resale.

Or maybe I should stop being a worrier and just get on and use them!

Use em! We used ours for the six years we've had the van (from new) and - apart from losing a bolt as above - we've had no problems. They are quite robust and well made. A bit like the rest of the Cali - or at least most of it!

Cheers

Ian

Just reinvigorating this thread!

Currently on holiday in sunny Cornwall and somehow both our chairs have lost one hex bolt and one spacer each! Searched everywhere to no avail.

Did anyone have any luck sourcing the spare parts?

ob?

When my Beach eventually arrives I'm wondering whether I should remove the table and chairs and replace them with something equivalent so that the VW ones are preserved in case of resale.
Did you buy the beach for you or for the next owner - get on and use them!

One of the first things I did a few years ago when we bought the van was to loctite the bolts and stick a little square of duct tape over the heads. Worked so far.

Back