Over sensitive brake servo?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Off for a service tomorrow and I'm wondering whether to raise as a 'fault' what appears to be an occasional issue with oversensitive brakes.

I live on top of a hill and as I roll down (dsg) in a morning, just the slightest feather touch on the brakes has them act really harshly and me look like an idiot driver.

It's not just the cold start.... Similar scenarios with a warm engine often produces the same effect.

Anyone had any similar experience or have any thoughts as to what may be the cause?

It feels like to me that the servo on the brakes becomes overpowered. In normal use, the servo feels rather underpowered if anything, but that just might be the reality of stopping nearly 3 tonnes.

I do, thought it was me but apart from causing me to apologise to any passengers I’d never really thought of it, as a fault per se!

Ours is the total opposite, it feels really soggy and soft and slow to react, and has done ever since new. I've driven transporters which have been really sharp and seem to have very effective braking. I appreciate the California is a lot heverier, but still fill our Cali's braking is not up to scratch. I've mentioned it to our dealer to no avail.

Back