Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overnight stopover near Dublin Port

Mullaghroe

Mullaghroe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Arriving in Dublin by ferry at 17:25 after day long travel. Looking for nearby safe overnight stopover before embarking on tour of the north and Wild Atlantic Way as far as Galway.
Any good hints for the route are most welcome. Travelling mid June.
Cheers, Pauric

Hi Pauric, Camac valley tourist site near Dublin is open all year round and will give you good secure site. If you download an app called Camping Ireland there is a good selection of sites by County with a map of locations, it could be useful to you

Ian

Last edited:
I stayed at North Beach caravan park and it was in a nice spot

Hi Pauric, Camac valley tourist site near Dublin is open all year round and will give you good secure site. If you download an app called Camping Ireland there is a good selection of sites by County with a map of locations, it could be useful to you

Ian
Stayed at Camac last year, it’s a huge site but ideal as a stopover to catch the early morning ferry back to Holyhead after a holiday in Ireland.
My 7 year old boy and me took our bikes out in the evening for a bit of an explore and found a fantastic park just the other side of the site boundary. Lakes, tracks and a large kids playground, all well worth checking out if it’s a nice evening and you want to get away from the camp site for an hour, which on the occasion we were there was rammed.

Ian
Thanks. I had noticed that site, but really want to be north of Dublin towards Belfast. might be good for my return from Galway.

I stayed at North Beach caravan park and it was in a nice spot
Thanks. That looks like a good bet. not too far from the port after a long day travelling. Are there any pubs/restaurants nearby?