Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking at Gatwick airport

S

SamSara

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I was looking at official parking at the airport and noticed the parking bays are stated as being 4.8m long. I phoned up and spoke to a lovely lady but am feeling a little anxious about following her advice. She said the van is likely to hang over the bay and if it does I will get a fine. She advised me to go to the South terminal and head to the coach parking, find a space then put my confirmation number in the windscreen, go to the office that will be open from 6am and give them my details and they should log me in and that will prevent me from getting a fine for driving through a terminal area or a fine for parking in the coach parking area. Seems like a lot of potential for issues and when talking with me I had the feeling that she was hoofing it. Anyone parked recently who can confirm this? Thank you

Not a problem. There are saloons longer than California. Not to mention a lot of vans. Just park on one of the spaces by the fence or a little at the back, depending if we are talking about South or North car park. At South, there's a lot of spaces with fence at the back and you can reverse into the bushes.