Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking at Gatwick

If you’re using your Cali I’d check if you need to pay for 2 spaces (due to length of the van being too long to fit in one space).
Also check your insurance. I’m with Comfort and you need their permission to leave the campervan unattended for more than 48 hours.
Both of these things meant we left the van at home last time!

As Borris says long stay you park yourself and catch bus to terminal. If you book it online in advance it much cheaper. The other main one is APH who have just moved to a new site closer to Gatwick. They like all other off-site stack the cars so you leave your keys and they park it.
https://www.aph.com/gatwick-airport/parking/aph-car-park.html
I have had less than wonderful experiences of giving my car key to these sort of parking companies, presumably some are careful and you won't come back to dent central.

If you’re using your Cali I’d check if you need to pay for 2 spaces (due to length of the van being too long to fit in one space).
Also check your insurance. I’m with Comfort and you need their permission to leave the campervan unattended for more than 48 hours.
Both of these things meant we left the van at home last time!
My California fits into one parking space, no problem. I’ve not yet come across any standard parking space it doesn’t fit into.
As far as Comfort and their 48hr rule. Can’t be bothered with that.

Any decent nearby car parks for a weeks parking?
We used Gatwick premium parking, extra wide spaces and you walk straight into north terminal from car park number 5 multi storey £130 ish for 5 days. I did not see height, we were in a discovery with plenty of clearance.

Any decent nearby car parks for a weeks parking?
Ok, maybe not for the purist, but some hotels offer a package of 1 nights stay + upto 14 days free car parking + a shuttle bus to the terminal. It can be very cost effective.

North Terminal car park 6 has high head room (2.1m). If you drive up to the top floor, I've found far from full, so better chance of not having to 'squeeze in'. Regarding length, its no longer or wider than a large car, so fits into most conventional parking spaces. Still, I prefer to park on the end rather than squeeze between two other cars.