Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking lights

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi,

I just had my mechanic install new headlights, as the reflectors were totally burned.

When I turn on the parking lights only (middle position, as in first image), only the tiny outer lights above the blinkers will light up.

Shouldn't the daytime running lamps also light up slightly? Or am I just imagining it did before? :D

20161010_171923.jpg

20161010_171911.jpg

That is the sidelight position, also disables the daytime running lights.

Daytime running lights and parking lights are totally different. The parking lights should be used for parking and drl for daylight.

@kave I know, perhaps I just worded it wrong.

For some reason I imagined the drl also were glowing (not fully lit, only ever so slightly) while the parking lights were on.

Probably all in my head.

I think the idea is to have some lights rear and front as long as possible if you have a break down so you are forced to stop at a bad location.

You should also be able to operate a single parking light (one side only) by leaving the indicator on and after taking the key out.

You should also be able to operate a single parking light (one side only) by leaving the indicator on and after taking the key out.

I think that's a nono now Loz. Supposed to have both sides on. Sure I've seen it somewhere.

Back