Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking sensors

Teejay

Teejay

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
HI
As thread title, I've been trying to find out at what distance the solid tone sounds on a T6 both front and rear?
How close is the red line from the camera too?

So how close is close, just wondered if the tech has moved on from my 2011 XC60.

I want to compare with my current car. I don't have a T6 owners manual to check and can find no results from a search.

Teejay

I think most of the sensors are the same on the VW range and my Touareg tone goes solid at 6 inches but you can end up with less if you are travelling a bit fast.
The red line on the touareg is set at a distance that allows for the tailgate to open so that would vary between models.

I think most of the sensors are the same on the VW range and my Touareg tone goes solid at 6 inches but you can end up with less if you are travelling a bit fast.
The red line on the touareg is set at a distance that allows for the tailgate to open so that would vary between models.
I think the rear sensors are set like that. Using the camera I can reverse back at least another foot.
Tried it with a large cardboard box!:thumb

Thanks chaps. At the mo I have to park on street and a neighbour has an annoying habit of parking within 2-3 inches.:mad:
With the VW tailgate being lower than my current car I need to make sure that I can open the tailgate if needed when parked at home. I parked the hire California at home and opened the back it nearly scrapped along the length of her bonnet. :headbang

The manual says the red line on the camera is approximately 0.4m from the back.

Back