Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pattern for windscreen curtain (Lockdown Project)

M

MountainRunner

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I don't really get on with the integrated windscreen blinds in the T6 Ocean, and I fancy making a curtain (like the T5 SE has). Has anyone done this? Any top tips and does anyone have a pattern?

A piece of appropriate cloth with magnets around? Is that what you have in mind?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As the OP refers to the UK version of the T5 front blinds the fabric with the sticks i think there could be a difference in shape to the T6 / T6.1 dash and specialy mirros shape.
Try and find a origibal T5 set of curtains 2nd hand ?

I have no issue with my SE roller blinds , i think the T6 roller blinds are even worse just held in place by those small pins.
The T5 blinds i have are held in place magnets and i put a strap over them so the can not come of accidently.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions. I'm going to make one with some old curtain material and some blackout material

As the OP refers to the UK version of the T5 front blinds the fabric with the sticks i think there could be a difference in shape to the T6 / T6.1 dash and specialy mirros shape.
Try and find a origibal T5 set of curtains 2nd hand ?

I have no issue with my SE roller blinds , i think the T6 roller blinds are even worse just held in place by those small pins.
The T5 blinds i have are held in place magnets and i put a strap over them so the can not come of accidently.
I have always found that if you connect the blinds the right way, they work just fine. Never come undone. You just need to know how to position both the magnets that are on the blinds, to the mirror. It has to be done just right, but when you know how, they work just fine.

I don't really get on with the integrated windscreen blinds in the T6 Ocean, and I fancy making a curtain (like the T5 SE has). Has anyone done this? Any top tips and does anyone have a pattern?
We are very happy with the built-in windscreen of our T6.
What's the problem you have?
Maybe the way to use them?

We are very happy with the built-in windscreen of our T6.
What's the problem you have?
Maybe the way to use them?
They are also handy for when you are stuck at a
Level crossing and the guy in front keeps his foot on the brakes.

Pull out the blind and look for the train coming out of the side windows. :thumb

T5 one just fits over the sun visors and then has a foam insert sewed into the bottom to wedge into the screen.

We use an external cover from the club shopnow.

Back