Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pesky rodents

Nomad

Nomad

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just had a pesky rodent gnaw its way into my california. Appears to have entered via engine bay. it made its way via left hand footwell into cabin and started nesting in area behind seats. No food left in van. I placed a trap in cabin and between seats and caught one, then another two days later. I have placed poison in van now. I have also wired a block of poison in the engine bay, hopefully to catch them before they enter the cabin. I have removed both panels from footwell and it was evident they love the insulation attached behind the panels. Worse of all they have eaten holes in the gear lever gaiter! With all the flooding I can only assume VW is a lot drier than the garden! I have checked cupboards and wardrobe and they only seem to be getting into cabin area only....ps neighbour recently had wiring on new mini 4wd chewed by rodents and NOT covered by insurance, she had to negotiate a buy back and new car!

image.jpg

incredible. Wouldn't have dreamt that could happen but seeing as they can scale buildings, enter by tiny holes why not?
Have just annihilated rodents in the house but now my damn vans under threat?!!!
Warranty issue? Probably not......

both were different, my local expert said the first may have been an immature rat! second large field mouse. apparently should collect droppings to confirm.
top tip don't leave food in van, check bedding regularly. they definitely love the high density foam used as packers between components in cars......and the handle of my large umbrella which was a christmas gift..

Blimey :eek:

Sorry to have read this Nomad

I'll be checking my van tomorrow, I'm sure I have left food in there.

Thanks for the warning and hope your able to sort this out soon.

Alan

Must check tomorrow as I have van on hookup and small electric heater plugged in, they will love me for providing a warm home :doh
Ron.

This issue pops up from time to time search "RATS" in search. We had an issue in 2012 when they had eaten the wires to the master cylinder sensors

Back