Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Placed my order today

I've been given week 4 as a provisional build date which gives me some hope but.......my homework tells me that the first year VED for a 150ps DSG for registrations after 31st March 2017 is as you say £500 (drops to £140 in year two) but there is an additional charge for new vehicles where the purchase price is over £40k. That additional charge is £310 per year for each of the first 5 years. It then drops to zero. I only send this information so you can check and tell me I am wrong (I hope you can do this) or to prepare you for a potential bigger shock if I am right and your delivery is after 31st March.:( I attach a schedule of what I think the VED will be for the first 5 years of ownership (pending any other Government change).

Yeah I believe you are correct. I was aware of the potential extra VED per year for the first 5 years. Not great at all but it is something I have prepared myself for. It was just the initial 'showroom' tax that I had forgotten about. It all makes quite a difference really.

Congratulations on your order. We placed our order last week and were given an optimistic delivery date of March 2017 - although we're expecting it to be April.May. Our dealer has said that it it delivery and registration is in the next tax year the dealership will absorb any extra tax costs - which is great news for us!

Like you, we now have the long wait!

I placed my order on !st of April 2016 and have just been told build date is week 4 2017, and delivery in February! We knew this from the outset, and have had many pleasant day dreams planning our first trip.