Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plastic strip above bench seat drawer

J

JohnT

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hello all. This plastic strip above the bench seat drawer is catching on the drawer. I feel like I've read something on the forum about this but can't find it. Has anyone come across this problem and is there a good fix? I've attached a picture. Thanks! John

IMG_6083.JPG

We had this too.

I found that the plastic strip had come loose on a fixing position or two. There are plastic clips on the other side. I just needed to bang it in with my hand.

Thanks Alan - yes I also found that, but then it came out again, wondered if there was another trick! I'll have another go, thank you

Hello all. This plastic strip above the bench seat drawer is catching on the drawer. I feel like I've read something on the forum about this but can't find it. Has anyone come across this problem and is there a good fix? I've attached a picture. Thanks! John

View attachment 64653
Hi John

I had this also, and it was after I fitted some seat covers and the plastic clips broke when I was re attaching the plastic trim. If yours has worked lose or pulled away, the clips can break if you try and bang them back in again without getting the pin of the clip positioned over the hole in the metal part of the seat behind the trim. you can pull the trim forwards and peak up and see the clips and check if one or some are broken. You can buy the clips from VW easily. You can fit the clips without having to remove the trim if you are flexible and then carefully position the clip over it’s hole and gently bang the trim back in place, that should do it. All the best Nick.

Hi John

I had this also, and it was after I fitted some seat covers and the plastic clips broke when I was re attaching the plastic trim. If yours has worked lose or pulled away, the clips can break if you try and bang them back in again without getting the pin of the clip positioned over the hole in the metal part of the seat behind the trim. you can pull the trim forwards and peak up and see the clips and check if one or some are broken. You can buy the clips from VW easily. You can fit the clips without having to remove the trim if you are flexible and then carefully position the clip over it’s hole and gently bang the trim back in place, that should do it. All the best Nick.
That was exactly the problem a bent clip - thanks very much for your help Nick!

Back