Plate's

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Ideas please to stop my plates falling over in the cupboard.i know you can get one from Brandrup for about
£30 I was looking for something cheaper. I use normal size plastic plates if that helps.

Californiaman

Californiaman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We've stopped using plates. We're using wide ceramic bowls. They're big enough to have a normal sort of meal in or breakfast cereal or sarnies or whatever. I like them because they can be heated up with hot water from the kettle before bunging the dinner on. Gotta have warm plates.. a habit from my Grandad!!

barry

barry

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We bought a plastic plate rack from a local handyman's shop and cut off the bits we didn't want!
£2.99
It fits in the cupboard next to the fridge, top shelf: it's a sliding fit.

We don't do plastic ...
4 big earthenware plates, 4 side plates, 4 bowls fit with no rattle (shallow bowls with a lip).
They need to face 'backwards' - you can't accelerate hard enough for them to close up and rattle but you CAN brake hard enough for them to do this - so to prevent rattlng under braking they need to face 'backwards'
There doesn't seem to be any problem cornering hard (if you can say a Cali can corner hard).

2 mugs, 2 espresso cups, 2 tumblers fit in the channel you normally find beside the plate slots - on their side.
We rest these on a tea towel (that never gets used I think)

We're happy with this set up but I'm keen to see if there's any solution posted that we prefer :)