Please can somebody share their leisure battery part number - Grand Cali

• Thread starter Carryon Cali Camping
  • Start date
Carryon Cali Camping

Carryon Cali Camping

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all - following a fantastic weekend at Busfest, this was the 1st time our new to us GC 680 had spent sometime being used off grid. We just about got through the weekend ok, but on the drive home we went down to 11.2V at one stage and the fridge turned off due to lack of power, so had it on EHU overnight……this morning I gave the solar a good clean and for most of the day the reading has been between 14.7V - 12.9V unplugged from EH, but it has started to drop now with the fridge on to test if it’s holding a charge when in use. So my initial thoughts are that it doesn’t seem to hold a charge and the battery may be goosed! I’ve looked online with the part number showing on the battery (under the bonnet) and am surprised that it comes up as a starter battery (000 915 105 CE), so I was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to confirm their leisure battery part number please? Many thanks, Dave

Last edited:
Hey Dave, great to meet at Busfest !!! Pic attached 1694451662022.jpeg

Here is a photo of mine- the VW dealer in Dusseldorf installed this in April- replacing the original
Battery.jpg

Hey Dave, great to meet at Busfest !!! Pic attached View attachment 114264
Hi Gordon, many thanks as always! Yours is a slightly different part number, but still comes up as a starter battery rather than a leisure, so I guess mine will be ok to just replace like for like! I just wanted to be sure that others had a starter battery as their leisure too.
Have a fantastic tour in the US!

Hi Gordon, many thanks as always! Yours is a slightly different part number, but still comes up as a starter battery rather than a leisure, so I guess mine will be ok to just replace like for like! I just wanted to be sure that others had a starter battery as their leisure too.
Have a fantastic tour in the US!
No problem Dave. Just an FYI, I don't know if there is any specific coding thats needed after a change to reset the KFG, I’m sure others on this forum or the FB one will know and hopefully chime in.

No problem Dave. Just an FYI, I don't know if there is any specific coding thats needed after a change to reset the KFG, I’m sure others on this forum or the FB one will know and hopefully chime in.
Thanks Gordon, I have done some reading about this (and will do some more!), but so far from what I have read it appears that an error message may come up, but if you start and turn off the engine it appears that the vehicle then accepts the new leisure battery. But I will continue to research before doing anything!

Last edited:
Worth doing the research. VARTA seem to do a dual purpose AGM that specifically suits starter and leisure requirements. I can’t find an exact x-ref to the battery code on mine so unsure if its dual rated type but give its the factory fit you would think it would be !

Back