Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll - Where are you heading on the 4th July?

What are you doing on July 4th?

• Going on holiday straight away

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Staying at home until after school holidays

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Waiting to see how bad it gets

Votes: 42 39.3%

• Total voters
blakeley

blakeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Is anyone actually heading out for a holiday on the 4th July? I personally think everywhere be chaos so I am staying put until September, what is everyone else doing?

Was meant to be at Camperjam, now off to Calke Abbey for the day.

I will be sat at home with a beer in the garden listening to all the travel reports of you lot in hours and hours of tailbacks, you will then be arriving at campsites to HELL and very little social distancing in the toilet/shower blocks. Apart from those of you that will be pooing in a tent next to your van

Mrs Whistler works in a school so our only chance for a break is in the Summer Holidays, though we are waiting until mid-August. Having said that we are booked up, but are going nowhere near The South West.

Waiting yet another week before liftoff to France.

We never go away in july , to busy , to hot , to expencive campsites,...
So i don't see myself doing it this year with CV restrictions on top
Maybe a day or weekend out but we will see .
End of august till end september 4weeks off work , was supposed to be away now the whole of june but CV made me change plans ,in Scotland we would suppose to be now ..

Last edited:
We're waiting for lockdown to ease up there so we can get to see family.
Camp on the way there and back hopefully.

Having picked up our California a week ago, whilst we're not in a state to properly have a stay-away for a week, we're booked up for one night on the 4th in Norfolk. Plan to use it as a basecamp and have a two day adventure.

Our chance to test the waters in terms of people, location and most importantly - do a bit of a gap analysis on what we're missing from our gear list.

Can anyone tell i'm a project manager? :D

Based on the way our local beaches have been treated and the 33 tonnes of rubbish picked up by volunteers, much of it human matter left by a so called civilised society, I can't imagine what a campsite will be like. Staying at home for a while yet.

Supposed to be at Camperjam but going to a local favourite campsite instead. Run by a really lovely family and very happy to support them this year especially :)

I’d just like to be able to travel from Scotland to Cumbria to collect my wee Eriba and bring it home (insurance and storage paid since early March). And then to finally play with it, not even camping...

Heading for a riverside spot in Cambridgeshire. Yippeee.

Two weeks in Devon and Cornwall - life is for living - but each to their own :thumb

Is anyone actually heading out for a holiday on the 4th July? I personally think everywhere be chaos so I am staying put until September, what is everyone else doing?
We never go away July / August, we like to avoid school holidays & the heat. We will be off in early September to the Scottish Borders. Until then day trips for us.

Should have been at camper jam will instead be running pipes and the like in the extension we are building. Bloody hell im missing camper jam already

Packing the van as I speak (type)....

6th July and away.

Ferry to France booked for the 16th July and back 3 weeks later. Booked again September 17th.
Generous discounts given currently. Many cabins sold-out on July sailing.

Back