Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poor quality Spotify through Apple play.

RikFizz

RikFizz

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Just wondered if anyone had experienced intermittent ’crackling’ when playing audio through their phone via Apple play or equivalent. I have the standard infotainment head unit and am playing Spotify through iPhone plugged into either of the micro usb ports. I have tried a new usb lead but still had some breakdown in quality. No issues at all with sound through other head unit options (radio, media). Never had this in any other vehicle. Pausing and restarting music seems to sometimes fix for a while.

No issues with wired or wireless carplay - Kenwood unit.

Our dashcam has a magnetic shield that clamps around the power cable (behind the dash), maybe try similar.

(....but I purchased a VW/Audi ‘curly/pig tail’ lightning lead for the wife’s Audi TT, and this sometimes causes interference especially with the DAB in the Audi, but works fine in the van!)

0402F73B-25C5-4A64-B476-BED1B6590E8A.png

Just wondered if anyone had experienced intermittent ’crackling’ when playing audio through their phone via Apple play or equivalent. I have the standard infotainment head unit and am playing Spotify through iPhone plugged into either of the micro usb ports. I have tried a new usb lead but still had some breakdown in quality. No issues at all with sound through other head unit options (radio, media). Never had this in any other vehicle. Pausing and restarting music seems to sometimes fix for a while.
Used to have this in my Touran occasionaly. Never found out what caused it. If it happened and annoyed me, I switched to bluetooth to play spotify (with cable unplugged), but then obviously you don’t get the navigation through carplay anymore...

It happens to me on Apple Music just on a handful of tracks. I think that they get corrupted online somehow as downloading them again doesn’t fix it.

Used to have this in my Touran occasionaly. Never found out what caused it. If it happened and annoyed me, I switched to bluetooth to play spotify (with cable unplugged), but then obviously you don’t get the navigation through carplay anymore...
You’re quite correct. Bluetooth as clear as a bell.... how odd and frustrating!

It could be the port on the phone resulting in a poor connection. Had this with my step daughters phone where she had trouble charging and using wired headphones.

get a wooden tooth pick, and gently use it to remove fluff from the phones usb port. You’ll be amazed how much stuff comes out.

Note whatever you use must be wooden or plastic (no metal) and to do it gently.

after solving the step daughter’s phone, did everyone else’s phone and they were all the same.

Back