Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Apple Car Play advice please

A

A and A

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
Sorry if there is a simple solution to this (apart from turning audio off) and this is a silly question but I am rather hopeless with IT connectivity etc.
When connected to apple car play on our 2023 Ocean if we just have the radio on in the main audio control (not through the phone) after around 10 seconds it defaults back to Spotify from my phone. I re-select radio but again after 10 seconds or so..... Spotify back on, even if not playing on the phone, and round we go. Clearly if not needing the phone for maps I could just disconnect the phone but there must be a solution to this to save my sanity?

Long shot incoming:

Any CarPlay navigation app routes override the built in navigation (deleting any existing route you’ve programmed in).
SO, you can add a CarPlay Navigation route FIRST then VW Navigation route second and have both running simultaneously but if you do the VW first then the CarPlay second, it removes the VW route … bear with me …

I’m wondering if there is a Spotify App setting on your phone which is set to auto play when it connects, and if this would override the radio (I haven’t found one yet - I don’t use Spotify)

Have you tried changing this setting to see if it works - just in case that’s overriding the radio?
9645f0bdc23add660d3478a60d1497ad.png

If not there may be an auto play setting in the vehicle - will have a look later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the info. I have just checked phone settings and nothing re auto play when connected. It just says keep Spotify open to stop phone from going to sleep if using in vehicle. I could try this but suspect it will then turn off music if we do want to play rather than use radio.
Long shot incoming:

Any CarPlay navigation app routes override the built in navigation (deleting any existing route you’ve programmed in).
SO, you can add a CarPlay Navigation route FIRST then VW Navigation route second and have both running simultaneously but if you do the VW first then the CarPlay second, it removes the VW route … bear with me …

I’m wondering if there is a Spotify App setting on your phone which is set to auto play when it connects, and if this would override the radio (I haven’t found one yet - I don’t use Spotify)

Have you tried changing this setting to see if it works - just in case that’s overriding the radio?
9645f0bdc23add660d3478a60d1497ad.png

If not there may be an auto play setting in the vehicle - will have a look later.

I suspect a dodgy connection on the cable, every time it connects radio gets disconnected and Spotify takes over. - have you tried it with the wireless connection & see if it still does it?

Thanks so much for the info. I have just checked phone settings and nothing re auto play when connected. It just says keep Spotify open to stop phone from going to sleep if using in vehicle. I could try this but suspect it will then turn off music if we do want to play rather than use radio.

Try turning that off. I think that’s referring to keeping the iPhone screen awake whilst Spotify is on but you won’t need that with CarPlay active. Might make a difference.

I suspect a dodgy connection on the cable, every time it connects radio gets disconnected and Spotify takes over. - have you tried it with the wireless connection & see if it still does it?
Thanks and yes sadly I tried with and without the cable and no difference. I will try the other suggestion and if no joy….. just don’t play radio.

Back