Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop roof only goes half way.

dod4luce

dod4luce

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi Cali peeps,
just tried to raise the pop roof on my 2014 Cali and it only raises so far then stops and asks me to start the engine. Does this mean leisure battery is too low to complete the task. Just guessing. It will lower again thank god. anyone with any advice id be so grateful, as I’m planning to go away in it and need the roof up. Thanks

hi Cali peeps,
just tried to raise the pop roof on my 2014 Cali and it only raises so far then stops and asks me to start the engine. Does this mean leisure battery is too low to complete the task. Just guessing. It will lower again thank god. anyone with any advice id be so grateful, as I’m planning to go away in it and need the roof up. Thanks
Does it go up if you follow the instructions and start the engine? What is the control panel saying your battery status and voltage are?

I turned panel off then on again, seems to have worked now. Battery is on charge a home . Status is 11.9 v -0.2 A , Dont quite understand the readI got. Is that bad?

hi Cali peeps,
Quit possible.
a. What is the voltage displayed on the Control Panel?
b. Although the Leisure Battery is the primary power source for the hydraulic pump it will ask you to start the engine if the voltage is too low to complete the task. More power required to put the roof up than down.
Otherwise plug the vehicle into the Mains.

Does it go up if you follow the instructions and start the engine? What is the control panel saying your battery status and voltage are?
I turned panel off then on again, seems to have worked now. Battery is on charge a home . Status is 11.9 v -0.2 A , Dont quite understand the reading. Is that bad?

I turned panel off then on again, seems to have worked now. Battery is on charge a home . Status is 11.9 v -0.2 A , Dont quite understand the readI got. Is that bad?
Yes.
DF629878-2C94-47B6-B2EC-9414B87AD3F2.jpeg

Back