Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof issue

S

satellite

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hello, has anyone had an issue with their T5 California 2014 pop up roof making a noise as if it was ascending or desending briefly, then not being able to take the roof down, later on, this noise happened in the middle of the night putting the bejezus up me and the wife, she now thinks it may come down in the middle of the night and crush the both of us!
I did get the roof down eventually in the morning after switching off the control panel and the ignition, the glitch seemed to clear, we had a new wiring loom and control panel fitted last year for the roof. When I went to take the roof down the control panel said "ignition on" and it was! I could not raise or lower the roof until the fault cleared from the control panel.
Any ideas anyone would be great?

Hello, has anyone had an issue with their T5 California 2014 pop up roof making a noise as if it was ascending or desending briefly, then not being able to take the roof down, later on, this noise happened in the middle of the night putting the bejezus up me and the wife, she now thinks it may come down in the middle of the night and crush the both of us!
I did get the roof down eventually in the morning after switching off the control panel and the ignition, the glitch seemed to clear, we had a new wiring loom and control panel fitted last year for the roof. When I went to take the roof down the control panel said "ignition on" and it was! I could not raise or lower the roof until the fault cleared from the control panel.
Any ideas anyone would be great?
The roof will automatically raise itself if it has sagged. It does this 10hrs after removing the ignition key, then every five hours.