Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top lights stopped working 6.1 2020

JB87

JB87

Vehicle
Looking to buy
The three lights in our pop top roof have stopped working and I’m not sure why. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

All the other lights in the van still work. As it happened the mains hookup at the campsite were at stopped working so we’re no longer on that. I seem to remember them working off the battery though so I’m wondering if perhaps a fuse has blown or something

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main light on the passenger side in our van stopped working a few weeks ago. It was one of the fuses under the front passenger seat. Maybe check there first.

The three lights in our pop top roof have stopped working and I’m not sure why. I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.

All the other lights in the van still work. As it happened the mains hookup at the campsite were at stopped working so we’re no longer on that. I seem to remember them working off the battery though so I’m wondering if perhaps a fuse has blown or something

Thanks

Just to rule out the simple stuff; make sure your keys are removed from the ignition. I’ve previously left them in after raising the roof only to find the pop top lights ‘don’t work’ but of course they do when the keys are removed from ignition.

Thanks, keys are removed from the ignition but no luck.

I’ll have a look at the fuses to see if that could be the cause

Thanks, keys are removed from the ignition but no luck.

I’ll have a look at the fuses to see if that could be the cause

Was there any resolution to this as ours have just stopped working in the roof also. All the other lights work.

Was there any resolution to this as ours have just stopped working in the roof also. All the other lights work.
When mine stopped working it was an indication that the pop top had sagged. They would work when the roof was first put up but then cut out once once corner had dropped a little.

When mine stopped working it was an indication that the pop top had sagged. They would work when the roof was first put up but then cut out once once corner had dropped a little.
Just had this exact issue - raising again fixed it

You have some reading gand worrying to do regarding 6.1 roof sagging. As already mentioned the roof drops a bit and then the lights don't work. Nothing to do with hook up. Lower the roof a bit,then raise it fully,do the lights now work? If so your roof is dropping on the hydraulics and you need to monitor this carefully and raise a complaint whilst under warranty. Do a search and do some reading on here. My t6 roof by the way stays up and tensioned for days on end with no drop at all

I hope it isn’t to do with the widely reported roof sagging issue as VW seek to be refusing to fix it (we are battling with them right now).

Back