Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof not opening 2024 Cali

We are at Listers Coventry, they did not supply the vehicle but are the closest dealership. They have had a quick look, nothing obvious.They are being really helpful and have agreed to look at it today.
I will post what happens next.
They think it might be some piece of fabric caught blocking the sensors. The mattress has a single duvet cover on it and we have a Brandrup iso-top attached.
If this is the case we will have to pay because it will be classed as our fault!
I have a duvet cover on my mattress and the Isotop. It can't be that. Also the pistons and other mechanisms are outside of the pop up tent.
have you tried very gently to push the roof up a little, just a little nudge ? i mean sitting on the front seat, hatch cover open and try to very gently push it up while at the same time pressing to open it in the control panel ?

That sounds reassuring that it’s not my fault! Before taking it to the garage I did try pushing it up.
Thank you for the suggestion. It’s at the dealership at the moment so I will have to wait and see.

Still at the dealership. Nothing jammed. As you all suggested. Appears to be electrical faults. I didn’t mention that the fridge symbol had a warning triangle showing.
Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

If removing the fuses for a reset does not work (which does provide a solution for many/ there could certainly be something completely different going on) you can pull out the blue plug and then push it back (located in the fuse box next to the steering wheel). He's not that easy to reach, though but it's worth the try.
Success!
IMG_2008.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg