Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portsmouth

I

Iain&Shani

VIP Member
Hi folks....looking for somewhere to overnight in the Portsmouth area. Eventully it will be for trips via Portsmouth to France but this time around it's to wave our boy off when his ship goes out on its first deployment.
Cheers

Hi Iain, Most people use the C&CC site in Southbourne for the Portsmouth ferries, it is just 15-20 drive away from both the Navy and commercial port, its also at the end of my road !

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=8030

Nice campsite with pub next door and farm shop over the road, also opposite the campsite is a path leading down to the harbour which is a nice walk for the dogs.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for that. I'm not sure I want to join either C&CC or CC when I know I wont really benefit from membership, I'll check out whether they allow non members as it sounds ideal.
Cheers

It does say 'non-members welcome' outside, I think it is just a few quid extra. If I think of any others I will give you a shout.

Thanks for the reply to the OP. It will make stopping on the Brittany Ferries car park a bit less necessary :D

Yes, Brittany Ferries are pretty cool with campers stopping overnight in far left lane at check-in if you are on a morning crossing, you can also use all the facilities in the brand new terminal aswell.

Evening...
D Day Museum, Clarence Esplande, Portsmouth. Used it with my other half, two kids and three dogs for overnighter. Toilets closed overnight but opened 0930 I think. Police car came in twice to make sure all was well which was reassuring. CC TV in carpark, although looked broken when we were there a couple of months ago. Free!! Bus drivers use it for overnighters too!
Paul