Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power nap - motorway services - quick bed setup?

A

a892374923874

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
In a normal car, I just wind the driver's seat down and have a nap for half an hour.

In the 3 seater Beach, with no other preparation, I found that doing the same with the driver's seat was still the most comfortable. It wasn't any more comfortable getting into the back seat.

There must be a better way? Is there a 10 second bed setup that would work when traveling alone with very little luggage? Or maybe just setting up the full bed with comfort mattress before I leave with duvet and pillow.

Don't really want to draw attention to myself.

Also with an isotop liner up there it takes a few minutes to shut the top down. Looking for a 30 second solution max, otherwise easier just to stay in the driver seat. I'll have stopped because I'm tired, and on the way home from a work trip.

Or maybe just setting up the full bed with comfort mattress before I leave with duvet and pillow.

I often nip down to the coast for a quick surf and go the night before and sleep wherever I find.
Bed is ready, blinds down.
Once I stop driving, park, pull poptop sliding draw open and wedge a blanket as a screen between bed and cab.
Off to sleep. Takes a minute to setup

whats the rush
Just trying to get a quick nap on a 300 mile each way work commute that I have to do occasionally.

It isn't a pleasure journey, so will be just pull over if I feel tired have a nap and then carry on.

Sounds like the best thing thing to do is to get the bed set up before hand ready to use.

Thanks all!

Just trying to get a quick nap on a 300 mile each way work commute that I have to do occasionally.

It isn't a pleasure journey, so will be just pull over if I feel tired have a nap and then carry on.

Sounds like the best thing thing to do is to get the bed set up before hand ready to use.

Thanks all!

bed can be up in no time

Last edited:
My quick fix for maybe a hour would be to prop a couple of pillows against the sliding door, lay across across the bench seat (shoes kicked off) with feet propt across the fridge
Works for me..... I’m 5ft 7

Alan

Me.. it would be set off with downstairs bed made up, rear side blinds down ..... pull over jump into bed and just close rear blind before head hits the pillow .... pow asleep

sleeping flat always feels more refreshing than feet up or constrained by edge of a seat!

Me.. it would be set off with downstairs bed made up, rear side blinds down ..... pull over jump into bed and just close rear blind before head hits the pillow .... pow asleep

sleeping flat always feels more refreshing than feet up or constrained by edge of a seat!
agree but if l done it your way l would’t want to get up :)

Alan

Back