Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

power socket

M

magpiecali

VIP Member
having just purchased my new cali and spent the weekend exploring the van i have been reading the instruction book but

Whilst in the van i can't understand what the black socket with the cover on is, and what its used for. it is located at low leval behind the passenger seat and has the two prong foreign configuration.

Regards Paul

And in laymans language this is an inverter which means you can plug things in and use them when you are not hooked up to the mains. However it is for stuff with a low power requirements. Great for changing your phone or using a laptop but no good for boiling a kettle. Because the vans are German it has a euro plug. Calikev makes adapters which convert it to accept British plugs.
It took me a while to sort this out, and if I'm mistaken I'm sure someone will set us straight. Kitty x

Spot on there kitty :thumb :thumb 150 watts maximum
Thanks

If van is hooked up to the mains can the socket be used for other things such as kettle etc?

Thanks,

Rob

Oggie said:
If van is hooked up to the mains can the socket be used for other things such as kettle etc?

Thanks,

Rob

No, you will need to use the 3 pin mains socket when on hook up for anything over 150w

Back