Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

PPF protection

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I don’t know about others on here but a couple of times when I’ve started winding the awning out winding handle has popped out (maybe not in correctly in the first place) and has banged on the body work under neath it. It’s also happened as I’ve taken the handle out. Anyway no damage done as yet but could be just a matter of time before I scratch or chip the paintwork. So the other day I bought a small roll of paint protection film (PPF) and fitted some in the areas that could be damaged by the winding handle insert bit. £7 to buy off eBay for a 15cm x 3m roll and easy to fit with lots left over so if you don’t do it right first time try again. Just thinking what other bits I could protect with what’s left……..

1669295E-3678-4B0C-871A-AC7F7E9C0DEB.jpeg

9CFFB3B0-5F00-45E6-B200-4DEBEC1F8764.jpeg

9AD5B232-8BF3-4194-A561-9A037CF4D686.jpeg

I had a 3” ? Strip put across the whole lower lip of the boot lid, so when you are pulling down your fingers are on the PPF and not the paintwork.
Before this I used to pull the handle, then try and get my hand to the number plate to shut the boot.

Good ideas, straight flat bits only though……….

Great suggestion :thumb

Tom at Breeze did warn us about being careful with the handle when extending or retracting the awning.

I like the idea of putting a strip across the bottom of the tailgate as well. I struggle to shut it without pushing on the bottom lip.

For anyone who has used it before, does it remove easily without marking the paint when the time comes to replace it?

If I was going to replace it I would heat it up with a hair dryer first.

Did this also a couple of years ago.
Dinged the panel a few times before, leaving a slight mark in the paint.
And you know what? It really helps. I didn't ding the paint, or the protective film anymore!

IMG_1957.jpeg
Done, great idea. Not the best, but hoping it drys out after a day.